Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ardo, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of HES Specialist - Field Waste Support located in San Ardo, CA through April 03, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position in the San Joaquin Valley Business Unit (SJVBU) provides day-to-day waste management compliance support to field-based operations in the San Ardo, Coalinga, and Lost Hills oil fields including: application of State and federal waste regulations; waste characterization & handling; supporting regulatory and Corp waste reporting; and implementing Corp waste standards and processes. Duties may also include supporting compliance associated with air, water, natural resources, and emergency response including: agency inspections; air events (breakdowns & deviations); variance compliance; Regional Water Board permit compliance; sensitive species/habitat avoidance measures, and incident reporting & response.
The successful candidate will support operations in three oil fields (San Ardo, Coalinga, and Lost Hills) and will have the option of being based at any one of those fields and living in a community that is within reasonable commute distance of the base/home field office.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Waste characterization & handling (sampling, labeling, storage, manifesting, transporting, and disposal)
- Waste data organization, tracking, reconciliation, and reporting
- Application of relevant local, State, and federal waste regulations (e.g. CA Title 22, RCRA)
- Implementation of SJVBU & Corp Environmental Standards/Guidelines
- Field compliance support (as needed) on air, water, threatened & endangered species, and emergency management
- Interaction with regulatory agency personnel during inspections
- Training/onboarding of operations personnel and contractors on waste requirements
- B.S. Degree in Environmental Science/Engineering or Equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in complying with US Federal and/or State waste regulations & implementing procedures for regulatory compliance.
- Effective communication at all levels of the organization. Strong oral/written communication including preparing & reviewing internal/external reports & strong presentation skills.
- Ability to influence cross functional teams; Ability to influence teams/stakeholder groups to consensus & achieving desired goals. Ability to work in a team environment, adds value/quality to the team, and constructively influences team dynamics.
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications and web-based software including the Sphera Essentials waste element; Ability to analyze data/ information, draw conclusions, make recommendations, and establish a clear path forward. Strong data management skills.
- Experience with CA and federal Air, Water, and Threatened & Endangered (T&E) species regulations is desired
- Experience working in the oil and gas industry
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron Stations Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chevron U.S.A. Inc. We sell gasoline and convenience products at our retail stores. We are looking for hard working people who value safety, have a positive work attitude and enjoy working with customers. If you enjoy working with people in a dynamic and ever changing work environment, Chevron is the place for you.
Chevron Stations Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who requires a reasonable accommodation from any part of the application or hiring process may contact us at 1-800-450-8025.
Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Chevron Stations Inc. is a drug-free workplace committed to a diverse workforce.
External hires will be required to undergo a background check and drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the California's Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) regulation, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, Oregon House Bill 3025 "Ban the Box, Portland Ordinance No. 187459, and Seattle Fair Chance Employment Ordinance . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Salinas
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.