Skills: Reliability Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
He/She Reports to: Global Site Reliability Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Maintain and improve services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Gauges the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and infrastructure; implements strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems within a geoscience workflow
- Collaborates with network and security staff to ensure smooth, secure and reliable operation of application software and systems
- Develops, implements and documents best practice policies and procedures for new projects or initiatives
- Effectively uses the service management systems, ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are made available to wider technical community
- Engaged in incident response and blameless postmortems
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art computer technology, equipment, and systems; participates in professional development activities as appropriate
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related discipline
- Strong computer literacy with aptitude and readiness for multidiscipline training
- 10+ years seniority
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Fosters and maintains excellent internal, client and third-party relationships
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies; keeps abreast of key developments in relevant technologies.
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Practices effective listening techniques
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Effectively analyzes and solves problems with attention to the root cause
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.