Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
He/She implements operational workflows exposed via the acquisition software to integrated data and controls according to key defining system qualities such as reliability, performance and downstream systems interoperability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the design and implementation satisfy key acquisition system responsivities (reliability, performance, others as relevant).
- Ensure integration and abstraction of hardware front-end and instrumentation during design and implementation phases.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS/MS in Science or Engineering with software experience or education
- Min. 5 years' experience in a similar position/s
- C/ C++/ C#, COM
- Unit testing frameworks
- Visual Studio and VSTS
- WITSML, OPS, MODBUS, CAN, TCP/IP, Energetics/ETP Standards
- Knowledge of SCADA (Software Control And Data Acquisition) systems
- Reliability, MTBF, MTTR
- Understand the system view in the context of the acquisition system (physics - sensor/actuator-acquisition/control instrumentation - acquisition software (acquire/control, compute, workflows, downstream interoperability deliverables/data streaming/downstream)
- Notions of real-time data and control systems (include as relevant: time synchronization, control loops & regulation)
- Understand the notion of real-time for the different level/partition of the acquisition system (hard real-time, soft real-time) and implement adequately against the real-time specifications
- Awareness of appropriate industry standards and regulations (electrical, explosive, HSE, etc)
- Self-driven, Proactive, Systems Thinking
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.