Stafford, Texas, United States
Stafford, Texas, United States
Skills: Pipeline Services
Other Skills: pigging
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stafford, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Quest Integrity, a global leader in inspection and engineering services, is seeking a Pipeline Technician who will assist
with all phases in the execution of specific pipeline integrity management jobs (pigging). While performing jobs, responsibilities will also include equipment maintenance. While not performing jobs, specific task training, operator qualifications, and safety training will be required.
Position will be based in Stafford, Texas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-job responsibilities may include checking equipment specific to the job requirements, compiling a tracking sheet, travel arrangements to jobsite,packing of equipment, informing other crew members of specific job duties.
- On site duties will include, write field reports on activities completed, administrative reporting,
- represent the company in a professional manner, safety permits, manage and maintain company equipment. Duties can also include, pig launching, pig tracking, line finding/marking, site documentation/assessment, AGM deployment, attending operator's meetings, receiving a pig, locating a stuck pig, and cleaning pipelines.
- Post-job responsibilities will include travel arrangements, maintenance and packing of equipment, and various administration requirements such as time and expense documentation.
- Equipment maintenance and general shop upkeep.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENT:
- Travel Requirement: 80% both domestic and international.
- Must be willing to travel extensively, often on short notice for durations of a few weeks day to several weeks.
- Must be able to perform shift work working either night or day shifts, week-ends, and often days of up to 14 hours. Work is often irregular with gaps of several days or potentially weeks between assignments.
- Possess reasonable credit for the purpose of booking hotels, rent cars and occasionally airline tickets which are all reimbursable by the
- company during regularly scheduled expense remittals.
- Must be able to operate a laptop computer proficiently to receive and dispatch emails, to operate an Excel spreadsheet, to be able to comprehend mapping programs such as Delorme Street Atlas & Microsoft Streets and Trips and to navigate from GPS information to locations on either of these mapping programs.
- Must possess reasonable math skills for calculation of related subject like speed of travel, ETS's, flow rates in Bbls/Hr etc.
- Ability to teach and impart technical and administrative skills to junior technicians and/or assistants.
- Detail oriented with a dedication to quality control and quality assurance processes.
- Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the work.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with diverse groups of people.
- Must be customer focused, have an excellent attention to detail and a strong ability to work together in a team environment.