Stafford, Texas, United States
Stafford, Texas, United States
Skills: Pipeline Operator, Pipeline Services
Other Skills: PIgging
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stafford, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Quest Integrity, a global leader in inspection and engineering services, is seeking a Project Manager-Pipeline to lead in the execution and management of specific pipeline integrity management jobs, which include the pre-job, on-job, and post-job responsibilities.
Phases of these jobs will be carried out from their base location and on customer's job sites and may include any of the services listed below. Project management, repair programs, line re-commissioning, mechanical and chemical pipeline cleaning, batching projects, nitrogen purge projects, pig tracking, AGM (above-ground marker) site selection and documentation, anomaly survey and dig staking, global positioning surveys (GPS), line locating, pumping, hydro static testing, line drying and temporary flow management.
Position based in Stafford, Texas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead in the planning and execution of pipeline pigging and integrity assessment projects.
- Project "Scope of work" development.
- Preparation of specific work procedures and general standard operating practices (SOP's).
- Scheduling of on-site activities, management of project budgets, supervision of company staff and 3rd party contractors, assessment of accomplished activities (mechanical, technical, and data survey) administration of contracts, co-ordination of on-site logistics, client relations & account management, and as required presentation of project results.
- Preparation and verification of inspection equipment.
- Participate in safety meetings and develop knowledge in all safety polices and industry safety standards.
- Prepare change orders or purchase orders as required to gain approval for all "non-scope of work" works as they may be assigned by the client.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance, operate pumps, compressors, valves, and other duties associated with pipeline pigging and integrity assessment projects.
- Maintain client relation and communicate project progress and status in a clear method.
- Assist with the development and improvement of the integrated Quest pipeline solution. This will also include training of junior and or new staff members.
KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2yr or 4yr technical post-secondary education preferred. 5+ year in-house technical training from ILI or pipeline companies may also be considered.
- Previous experience or in depth familiarity with general pipeline operation and pipeline pigging activities.
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards.
- Working knowledge of PHMSA Pipeline Integrity Management Program Rules and Regulations (Gas & Liquid).
- Ability to teach / impart technical and administrative skills to junior technicians / assistants.
- Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process.
- Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the work.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to acquire and maintain Operator Qualification (OQ's) Certifications for "Covered Tasks".
- Ability to acquire Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) card.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to operate a laptop computer proficiently to receive and dispatch emails, to operate an Excel spreadsheet, to operate Quest proprietary software, to be able to comprehend mapping programs such as Delorme Street Atlas & Microsoft Streets and Trips and to navigate from GPS information to locations on either of these mapping programs.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra and ability to perform pipeline related calculations.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and to provide top quality customer service.
- Must have the ability to maintain company certification standards.
- Must be willing to travel extensively, often on short notice for a few days to several weeks 75% or more of the
- Must be able to perform shift work working either night or day shifts, week-ends, and often days of up to 16 hours. Work is often irregular with gaps of several days or potentially weeks between assignments.
- Must possess reasonable credit for the purpose of booking hotels, rent cars and occasionally airline tickets which are all reimbursable by the company during regularly scheduled times.