Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
~~1 person (resident for 4 years)
The IQAF Materials Engineer for the Works shall:
• be a Professional Engineer and shall be familiar with the materials and testing and evaluation requirements;
• report to the IQAF Quality Assurance Manager the performance of the quality of the materials;
• monitor overall field and Quality Control laboratory testing activities, ensuring that testing personnel with appropriate training, experience and skills are assigned in order to fully comply with the requirements of the CMP;
• supervise all Quality Assurance laboratory on the project, whether located at the site Quality -Assurance laboratory, at an outside Quality Assurance laboratory, or in the field;
• receive and review all quality testing reports, upon completion of testing. Sign all Quality Assurance testing reports; and
• provide a materials certificate of compliance at Final Acceptance, submitted with the IMS-QMS documents, indicating that all materials incorporated in the Works conform to the requirements of the contract documents.
~~• We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
• Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek is one of the largest and most respected specialized staffing and outsourcing agencies operating in the engineering and technical services marketplace. Working closely with its clients, Intertek has played a critical role in staffing some of the most notable projects to have been designed, engineered, constructed and commissioned on all major continents.
Intertek’s competitive advantage lies in its unique ability to provide highly qualified personnel that clearly meet the client’s needs, expectations and site placement requirements. This is accomplished through a network of dedicated, proactive and strategic recruitment centers established in multiple geographic regions providing an impressive ability to identify, screen, hire and deploy not only expatriate resources but also local and regional expertise. This proficiency is not easily found in today's marketplace, thus positioning Intertek to contribute significant value to the client's local labor content and sustainable development initiatives.