Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking Measurement Technicians in the Carlsbad NM area.
- Provide gas measurement support to the Permian District team
- Install meter tube and EFM (Fisher ROCs/Eagle/Total Flow) equipment
- Install radio equipment and ensure communication with SCADA.
- Size orifice plates, take gas samples and input configurations into EFM and various transmitters. Set process controls in both the field and processing plants.
- Maintain, calibrate and perform testing and preventative maintenance on said equipment. Install, test, troubleshoot and run diagnostics on RTU equipment.
- Per Diem offered
- Prefer candidates that live in 50-60 mile radius of Carlsbad
- Good understanding of 6Map standards and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years oil/gas industry experience
- Basic understanding of gas chromatographs and measurement standards
- Experience installing and maintaining Total Flow gas measurement equipment
- PCCU and TESTit software experience preferred.
- Good computer skills to include the Microsoft Office suite of products, as well as applicable industry programs.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.