Skills: Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer, Project Controls
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
• Certification from a professional institute such as Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or equivalent.
• 15 years' international professional experience out of which 8 years in the Middle East oil & gas industry mainly in the domain of contract administration, quantity survey, and estimation for oil & gas/EPC contracts.
• Awareness and knowledge of the onshore/offshore oil & gas/EPC industry.
• Must possess expertise in contractual/legal terms & standards, contract development & administration, claims preparation/ analysis and defense, commercial /financial analysis.
• Excellent spoken & written English language skills.
• Excellent communication & negotiation skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Excellent managerial skills.
• Manage, direct and control the QS/CA section to meet set targets in terms of contract administration (Projects and operations "Service orders"), section resources administration, and system administration/enhancement and quality objectives.
1. Lead and manage QS/CA section ensuring that section/Company's set targets & goals are met.
2. Develop and improve section /commercial procedures at both project and corporate levels.
3. Develop, upgrade and enhance QS automated systems and ensure their implementation with accuracy.
4. Develop and enhance QS function to ensure maximum recovery of revenue.
5. Review and recommend training requirements for QS staff to ensure they are adequately skilled.
6. Oversee resource allocation and workload distribution for all projects to ensure that adequate resources are available to cover the work requirements.
7. Review tender documents, RFQs, bids (S/C & supplier), awarded POs/Subcontracts and advise amendments/clarifications to Commercial/H-SUB / MPR/PDs and prepare strategies to avoid / minimize risks.
8. Provide comprehensive analysis and advice to Management on contractual issues recommending/implementing appropriate courses of action to ensure NPCC interests are protected where necessary, and profitability on contracts is optimized.
9. Provide guidance to Projects on major issues and manage contract major variations and disputes with clients/subcontractors/ suppliers providing contractual interpretation as and when required.
10. Manage claims preparation /defence (client or S/C) and actively participate in claim analysis, recommendations and dispute resolution.
11. Review applications of contract /subcontract / PO conditions and price schedule with PM / Project QS and proposes revisions to be in line with current practices.
12. Review JV draft agreements and provide input for improving clarity and detail and liaise with QS team after award for clarification of the application of the JV agreement.
13. Compliance with section/ Company procedures and HSE standards.