Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Egypt
The Accountant reports to the Finance Manager of the organization. Main area of responsibility will be to assist the finance team with statutory accounting, direct and indirect taxes in Egypt and the local payroll process. In addition, You will be responsible for operational accounting activities relating to the Company's financial closing and reporting process, including calculating and processing monthly accrual and deferred expense journal entries. You will review business unit operating results and statistics, comparing projected and prior month financial results, and prepare various ad hoc reports as needed.
Ensco seeks candidates to meet specific needs on a short-term project basis and offered an initial appointment of 6 to 8 months, with the possibility of renewal.
Due to local nationalization plan, this position is only opened to citizens of Egypt.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in a similar capacity
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accountancy, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Possess good technical accounting skills, good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems and good PC skills (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Three (3) years of progressive experience in oil drilling industry
- Self-starter with demonstrated maturity, possess initiative and excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of general ledger reports for statutory audits and tax returns.
- Assistance with monthly VAT/WHT/Payroll/Other Egyptian Tax returns and reporting.
- Data analysis in Excel to assist with preparation of journals for weekly travel costs.
- Collate and prepare monthly variance analysis for use by the Director of Finance.
- Work with rig managers and head of departments to ensure accurate monthly forecasting of both shore-base and rig expenses.
- Maintain accurate and current information of 'authorizations for expenditure' (AFE.'s) and closure of the same.
- Prepare 'accounts receivable' (AR) invoices and ensure that all costs are recharged as per contractual agreements.
- Ensure that company credit terms are adhered to. Assist customers when queries occur.
- Help and advice rig and other line managers when questions occur.
- Assist in preparation of all month end accounting requirements to meet scheduled due dates.
- Analysis and production of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Analysis and production of weekly cash flows, including determination of funding requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the application of the relevant statutory obligations and corporate and unit policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Assist in special projects and other departmental projects as may be required.
Minimum Requirements for this position
- Versatile team player with strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous, proactive and good organization skills
- Highly motivated, result-oriented and willing to take up challenges in a project based environment
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Comply with all legislative, client and company rules and procedures as contained in:
- Permit to Work Systems and other site Safety and Procedure Manuals
- Company Safety Case and Safety Management System and Safety Handbooks
- Any rules or notices posted on Client or Company notice boards.
- Egyptian legislation as required
- Participate in all safety drills, meetings and training program.
- Participate in all statutory Client and Company orientated training program.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your updated CV and a cover letter
We thank all applicants for their interest and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview appointments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Ensco is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.
Ensco is constantly looking for new talent. Are you looking for your next opportunity? See if you have what it takes to join our team and if you see yourself within our Core Values.
Ensco's Vision & Values
As the offshore driller of choice, we will go beyond what is expected to achieve a safe zero-incident workplace and to be the clear choice among employees, customer and investors.
Ensco's Core Values
- Ethical behavior
- No harm to people, property or to the environment
- Success for employees, customer and shareholders
- Can-do attitude
- Operational excellence
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.