Skills: Customer Service, HR - General
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lima, Callao Region, Peru
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Senior Employee Support Representative is responsible for providing support to employees and managers on topics including, but not limited to, hiring, relocation, benefits, career development, performance appraisals, compensation and promotions. He/she may be the first line of contact for management/employee queries and is expected to have a good grasp of the HR/business issues with appropriate and proactive measures to regularly improve HR performance and employee motivation. He/she assists the HR Manager in the design, development and implementation of various policies, programs and procedures and is responsible for administering these as directed. He/she will coordinate the local payroll process with the outsourcing, validation of the payroll/JVs, and will be the main contact with Finance, solid payroll knowledge is needed, and accounting knowledge will help in the position. He/she should have ownership in all HR processes in Peru and it is expected that the person can take decisions and empowerment without the necessity of a constant follow up, the person must be an HR advisor with knowledge in all the HR processes and subsystems and local labour regulation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Dedicates face time to ensure employee support through interaction and feedback.
- Organizes and conducts employee information meetings on employment policy, benefits and compensation.
- Acts as first point of contact for employees regarding employee relations issues and/or concerns about motivation and job satisfaction
- Advises and assists business/line managers on interpretation and administration of HR policies and programs.
- Supports line management on a variety of HR tools and processes (for example performance appraisal, career planning, succession planning, COR, SETC, GFE controls, identification of high value employees, and recognition of performance through rewards).
- Coordinate the local payroll process with the outsourcing, validation of the payroll and will be the main contact with Finance.
- Coordinates internal and external training and recruitment activities.
- Screens and reviews applications and may interview applicants.
- Assists in organizing internal teambuilding events and external local community events.
- Complies with all applicable Schlumberger standards and policies.
- Assists with the coaching and development of new team members.
- Coordinate visa processes for people traveling to work in Peru with the migratory advisor
- Coordinate health and life insurance policy and administration with the broker
- Identifies and participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with the Data Privacy & Protection Guidelines and relevant legislation.
- Employee may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Experience and Skills:
- Degree in Human Resources, Management or Industrial Engineering
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- 5 to 8 years' experience in Human Resources with knowledge in payroll and Peruvian labour Legislation
- Leading by example: Strongly protects and acts as guardian to our Values, Policies and HR Principles and encourages employees to do the same.
- Visible and accessible: Is visible, approachable and available to all employees.
- Results oriented: Delivers the right thing, on time, with quality and accuracy.
- Proactive: Identifies, assesses and addresses potential issues in the workplace. Actively promotes continuous improvement of HR Policies and Standards.
- Responsive: Commits to keep employees and managers informed of status of queries, issues, or concerns, and follows up through closure.
- Trustworthy: Establishes a relation of trust with employees through openness, adherence to commitments, and maintains confidentiality.
- Work under pressure.
- Mature individuals with knowledge and right attitude to provide accurate and consistent responses to employees and managers.
- Eligible candidates can work in Peru without sponsorship from Schlumberger.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.