Skills: Safety Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Process Safety Audit Advisor located in Houston, TX through 04/02/2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Act as Lead Advisor and/or Auditor on Strategic Process Safety Audits (SPSAs)
- Support development and continual improvement of audit protocols and tools.Act as a process safety SME in support of OE HES Center process safety activities and initiatives.
- Develop presentations and papers to communicate lessons learned from relevant process safety incidents.
- Provide on-boarding and alignment training with internal and external auditors and Team Leads
- Engineering Degree required
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a process safety role, with significant experience working in a plant or offshore facility.
- Strong operational background with experience in applying process safety and risk management practices and utilizing company-specific policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Knowledge in the practical application of technical engineering standards is desired.
- Process safety auditing skills and experience is preferred.
- Both strong written and oral communications skills are essential.
- Able to compile and analyze data to develop conclusions and produce well-written reports.
- The ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, both internal and external to Chevron, in a non-confrontational manner is also essential.
- Strong organizational skills and capability to effectively manage OE Audits and meet deadlines.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and people concurrently.
- Able to coach and mentor team members.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and positively influence working teams made up of personnel from multiple departments, business units, or organizational levels.
- Fosters cooperation and collaboration among individuals within and outside work unit.
- Recognized as a strong leader and technical contributor with regards to process safety.
- Houston is preferred work location. Final work location to be determined based on candidate's current location and/or business needs.
- Travel: 40 % travel to domestic and international locations, possibly including NOJV site.
- Rotational Schedule Not Applicable
Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Degree preferred
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.