Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Belle Chasse, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Oronite Oak Point Corporate Affairs Advisor Position located in Bell Chasee, LA through March 27, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Chevron Oronite Oak Point position is responsible for managing a full range of Policy, Government and Public Affairs activities, including developing long term strategic plans, local legislative activities, media relations, stakeholder engagement, crisis/emergency response plans along with external and internal communications. Success is based on developing and maintaining strong personal relationships with a wide variety of key internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manages the coordination of Public, Government & Public Affairs (PGPA) activities to help meet business objectives while enhancing the company's reputation and building positive relationships in the communities.
- Serves as spokesperson with external audiences and local media.
- Prepares media holding statements and talking points.
- Manages issues and incidents that pose enterprise risk.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to promote Chevron as an admired and respected community partner by participating with and providing financial support to key non-profit organizations.
- Work with minimal work direction and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop strong, influential relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and express ideas or thoughts clearly and logically both orally and in writing.
- Maintain sustained level of concentration in a volume processing activity to ensure accuracy and identify errors to be addressed.
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, Public Relations or similar field of study
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required
- Demonstrated ability in the following areas - issues management, stakeholder engagement, social investment planning and emergency response.
- Strong, demonstrable communication skills (verbal and written) and experience developing a wide variety of communications content and experience in various mediums/channels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop communications and stakeholder engagement plans, comfortable engaging with media and government officials and business partners.
- Strong ability to build internal and external stakeholder relationships that foster business results and help protect Chevron's reputation.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to collaborate.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to produce a large amount of high-quality output in a fast-paced environment.
- Position requires Corporate Affairs Advisor to reside in Belle Chasse or Plaquemines Parish.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: New Orleans
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.