Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE:
Dynamic team that develops, implements and supports innovative software solutions that integrate, automate or
simplify business processes and workflows. The position requires experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (plan, design, develop, test, release, maintain and support, decommission), data engineering/data management practices and tools, and strong technical background in one or more development platforms.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Participate in all phases of SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle).
- Develop software solution leveraging established Chevron technology standards and collaborate with internal partners to develop new technology standards as needs arise.
- Design and develop data engineering, data integration and data management practices and tools.
- Maintain working knowledge of the latest software engineering tools and practices for continuous integration, unit tests, static and dynamic profiling, code coverage, code analysis, and automated tests.
- Collaborate with other product teams to develop and share reusable software components and services, implement consistent automated builds and integrated builds, including managing build servers, build schedules, and build qualities.
- 3+ years of IT experience working with software development teams providing application development and/or support.
- Familiar with software development methodologies (e.g. DevOps, Prototyping, AGILE/Scrum, JIRA, etc).
- Ability to work with multiple teams and influence/drive to deliver results.
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to complete high quality work on schedule.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field.
- Cloud technologies experience (Microsoft Azure, VSTS, Hybrid Solutions, etc.).
- Technical Depth and Breadth
- Experience in IT development, deployment and support best practices along with an understanding of application support environments.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Critical thinking and ability to handle urgent and multiple competing priorities.
- Acts with sense of urgency.
- Ability to work effectively on teams, respecting other opinions, valuing diversity, building consensus and assisting others to accomplish team goals and objectives.
- Able to foster collaboration and teamwork between individuals or groups across organizational and geographic boundaries gaining commitment and following through to results.
- Strong customer facing approach. Seeks to understand, educate and build collaborative relationships with business partners.
- Resolves business partner issues and escalates issues when necessary.
This position is for Buenos Aires Argentina only
This is a position only for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.