Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of HES Specialist - Air Permitting & Compliance located in Bakersfield, CA through April 03, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position leads and/or supports Air Permitting and Compliance by collaborating with other Chevron HES Specialist, internal stakeholders and business partners.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- This SJVBU position is responsible for preparing permit applications for the local air district (APCD); obtaining permits and variances from local air regulatory agencies; submittal of breakdown/deviation reports to local regulatory agencies; and maintaining compliance with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Title V permits.
- The individual interacts with internal stakeholders (e.g., field HES, operations, asset development, facilities engineering) to provide guidance regarding compliance with new existing air rules and help resolve compliance issues.
- The position represents Chevron with external stakeholders (APCD, WSPA, etc.) and develops maintains working relationships with agency personnel. The individual also participates in agency rulemaking and supports Chevron's air advocacy efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science/Engineering or Equivalent
- 2 plus years of air permitting/regulatory experience.
- Experience in California air permitting is strongly preferred, especially Monterey Bay or the San Joaquin Valley.
- Strong working knowledge of air quality, including BACT, NSR, Title V, Air Toxics, and various APCD rules; strong knowledge and familiarity with oilfield operations and equipment. Experience with legislative and regulatory advocacy and permit compliance a plus.
- Computer skills including data management and all Microsoft Office-based applications; Ability to analyze data information and make recommendations and establish a path forward; Strong organization and time management skills; Ability to continually evaluate existing processes and implement improvement opportunities.
- Effectively communicates to all levels of the organization, business partners, and regulatory agencies; Strong presentation skills; Capable of simplifying complex information to be easily understood; Facilitation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, add value quality to the team, and positively influence team dynamics.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Bakersfield
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.