Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting - Decision Analysis Manager located in Houston, Texas through March 16, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
The Decision Analysis Manager position is in the Chevron Pipeline & Power (CPP) Strategy, Planning & Digital group and reports to the CPP General Manager, Strategy Planning & Digital. This role is responsible for managing the decision analysis process associated with pipeline and power related investment opportunities. Primary activities could include leading, influencing decision making best practices for staff and CPP Business Development and Asset Groups
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Lead the deployment of standards/best practices and providing shared service in Decision Analysis (DA) for CPP
- Influences DA staff to provide economic modeling, portfolio guidance, and policy interpretation for all CPP assets
- Lead organization in preparing and presenting strategic development opportunities that support the strategic vision of CPP
- Drive CPP decision quality by aggregating all decision framing and decision analysis work across the organization
- Develop decision-making framework that ensures linkage to CPP strategy and priorities by defining problems, identifying critical factors and evaluating alternative courses of action
- Expand the current DA work to incorporate enterprise data and best practices to better support fleet management, functional excellence and cost management
- Provide leadership and direction to staff by actively supporting and participating in performance management, career development, ranking, and pay determination processes. Provides training/development on relevant concepts to staff
- Work with a variety of subject matter experts to develop costs and uncertainty ranges for multiple alternatives
- Perform detailed economic analysis including value of information analysis to support value and trade-off decisions required to make effective investment decisions
- Ensure that evaluations meet corporate investment guidelines and comply with policies
- Use probabilistic software such as SDA and Crystal Ball as well as Excel
- Provide technical oversight and functional guidance to other DAs in order to mentor them and ensure that their economic evaluations and DA models are accurate and are properly constructed and applied to project decision
- Lead a small team within functional discipline and to provide them with supervision, coaching, mentoring and career development
- Efficiently manage the workload distribution among functional team members
- Communicate consistently and effectively within and outside of work team and Chevron
- Effective in written as well as oral communication of business cases for recommendations in manner that provides clarity to decision-makers
- Proactively liaise with relevant stakeholders to understand resource needs and provide guidance for economics and decision analysis on projects being worked
- Minimum of BS in Science or Business
- Minimum of 5 years of management and staff development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Decision Analysis to include: economic modeling, portfolio guidance, and policy interpretation for all assets.
- Strong experience with probabilistic software
- Expert level proficiency with Excel
- Excellent Communication written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically
- Commercial experience in Upstream and Midstream segments is desirable
- General knowledge in the application of Lean Sigma is preferred
- Broad exposure to technical, financial and business through working and interacting with cross functional teams, project teams, DA & planning groups is helpful
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.