Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Technology Support Technician located in Richmond, CA through March 21, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain Base Oil Sample Laboratory in accordance with best practices, especially with chemical inventory compliance.
- Manage large and small sample inventories, supplying both internal and external customers and additive suppliers and other industry stakeholders with equity base oil samples.
- Reach out to the third-party suppliers to obtain reference base oils for product development for Chevron Lubricants.
- Assist Product development engineers: Compile data and assist in data analysis, help with tables and charts for presentations, manage base oil databases.
- Carry out laboratory work to support the development of a new and next generation base oils, and evolving specifications for existing products.
- Evaluate competitor base oils.
- Assist Technology Support Engineer with customer queries and in maintaining the base oil knowledge database.
- Carry out special laboratory analytical work and back up other Base Oil Technicians supporting both Base Oil Product and Process Technology.
- Expedite sample handling and analytical work as required, using networking skills to move samples through internal and external labs to get results quickly.
- Efficiently move samples between their manufacturing points and required laboratories.
- Associates Degree in Chemistry or related degree plan
- 2.5+ years of laboratory experience
- Good understanding of Excel
- Self-starter, highly motivated team player
- Competency in safety and OE-related areas, safe laboratory protocols, and prudent lab practices
- Demonstrated prioritization, organization, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills in face-to-face meetings, presentations, written and verbal correspondence
- Demonstrated ability effectively interface/consult/collaborate with technical professionals and service providers and demonstrated skills in partnership, leadership, and teamwork in accordance with Chevron's standard of high ethical, professional, and safe behaviors
- A current valid driver license in good standing is required
- Previous experience with shipping and receiving laboratory materials
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.