To provide technical supports to producing assets in matters related to materials selection (metallic and non-metallic), degradation mechanisms, corrosion control (e.g., use of cathodic protection, corrosion inhibitors, etc.,), and corrosion management (e.g., development of corrosion control document, risk-based inspection, corrosion monitoring, etc.).Company Description
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements
Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, or related fields.
Minimum 5 years workings experience in the Oil & Gas industryOther Experience
- Good understanding of damage mechanisms affecting equipment in Oil & Petrochemical industry
- Well-versed in Risk Based Inspection methodology
- Holder of API 580 certification is preferred
- Other, e.g., NACE Corrosion Technologist
- Knowledgeable in selection, specification, and development of metallic material
- Knowledgeable in material selection and corrosion/degradation control strategy optimization for life cycle integrity
- Knowledgeable in developing corrosion & degradation management strategy and use of corrosion management tools
- Knowledgeable in defining cathodic protection system
- Knowledgeable in designing chemical treatment systems
- Knowledgeable in designing corrosion & process monitoring systems
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.