Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Colorado, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
00PNW - Pipeline/I&E Technician Specialist
The primary role of this position is to provide Pipeline, I&E and Measurement departments with day-to-day troubleshooting and support for Pipeline field issues, SCADA field hardware, communications and related software. This position works closely with vendors, contractors and operations field staff on the direct support of all aspects of field SCADA and Pipeline equipment.
Responsibilities may include:
* Comply with all applicable DOT and OSHA regulations, and safety policies and procedures
* Performing all duties of this position with a focus on safety, environmental protection and regulatory compliance
* Performing installation, calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment
* Performing and providing technical support for installation, calibration, maintenance, and repairs of instrument and electrical equipment
* Performing planned maintenance checks and calibration and timely submits appropriate reports
* Creating and responding to SAP notifications and process work orders
* Maintaining current and accurate documentation of maintenance activities
* Maintaining technical and administrative records, including prints and project reports
* Minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions by performing preventative and predictive maintenance
* Initiating Management of Change requests for proposed changes to equipment, instrumentation and programs
* Assisting supervisors in changing technology/budget requirements
* Pursuing cost reduction opportunities
* Be on call, responding to emergencies and maintain emergency response preparedness
* Driving teamwork throughout the area of responsibility
* Supervising, directing and training contract crews
* Active involvement in Safety Action Plans
* Completing and maintaining required safety/regulatory training (CBT)
* After hours call outs for pigging, measurement, and communications down
* Able to operate valves, pack and purge lines
* Routine maintenance of meter tubes and electronic flow computers/analyzer, and other quality spec monitors in system
* Pipeline One call involvement
* Line encroachments and excavations
* Oversee meter calibration process at site (Witness)
* Be responsible for cathodic protection readings and rectifier maintenance (Witness where applicable)
* Legally authorized to work in the United States
* Valid driver's license
* 3+ years of pipeline experience
* 1+ years Instrumentation/Electrical or Automation experience
* Intermediate knowledge of technical knowledge and training to maintain instrument and electrical equipment
* 1+ year experience with low, medium, and high voltage circuits
* Ability and willingness to perform/comply with following:
* Willing and able to climb various ladders and stairs, ranging up to 50 feet in height, to perform maintenance on equipment. Willing and able to raise and transport articles weighing up to 50 pounds. Willing and able to walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain. Willing and able to work outside in harsh weather conditions. Willing to work alone a high percentage of the time. Willing to wear personal protective equipment (PPE). Willing to be on call. Willing and able to work unscheduled overtime.
* Comply with all applicable DOT, PSM and OSHA regulations and safety policies and procedures
* Associates Degree/Trade Certification in Instrumentation or Electronics
* Proficient (ability to perform skill with little assistance) with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Experience with EFM systems
* Previous experience working with electronics --- both digital and analog circuitry including drawings and schematics
* Maintain high level of technical knowledge around pipeline, instrumentation, and electrical equipment
* Strong team player with the ability to work safely and manage a very diverse workload
* Analyzes stakeholder needs, global, political, and market trends to understand how they shape the future and impact business results
* Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results
* Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what's right
* Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include:
Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.
Many of Fircroft’s recruitment professionals have been with the company for over 10 years, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. We work with some of the world’s largest companies providing solutions for both contract and permanent recruitment.