Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is responsible for the support and maintenance of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) as it relates to payroll data.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS include the following:
- Ensure payroll record's accuracy by maintaining updates in status changes, withholdings, deductions and paid time off, etc.
- Prepare process and reconciles payroll on a Bi-Weekly and Weekly basis.
- Set up new hires by entering employee's information in Oracle.
- Reviews timesheets for days/hours worked. Calculates and records salary adjustments as necessary.
- Examines and Verifies Leave Statuses for accuracy
- Monitor Employee Changes thru HRSS Dashboard.
- Reconcile discrepancies and processes appropriate corrections.
- Apply and prepares payments for Garnishment deduction Orders.
- Perform month-end, quarter-end & year-end activities
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- As needed, assist Payroll Manager with internal and/or external payroll audits.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business preferred.
- CPP preferred
- Must have 3-5 years of experience with payroll administration
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, regulations, standards, methods and practices related to payroll processing.
- Oracle experience required.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks
- Advanced skills in software applications related to payroll/accounting systems including Excel.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with employees.
- Must be able to present self in a professional manner through interaction and communication.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the corporate office of Parker Drilling.
- Ensure personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, suppliers and guests
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.