Skills: Field Comm / SCADA
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position will provide support for the Construction, Maintenance, and Operations teams for the Eagle Ford Asset. This position also requires interfacing with Facility Engineers, Production Supervisors, Production Engineers, Field Operators, and Field Technicians to optimize Wonderware and data interfaces throughout the asset. Additionally, the chosen candidate will be required to work with the Corporate SCADA Team to maintain SCADA Standardization Compliance. Teamwork is required as information is gathered and communicated between Engineering staff, Field Operators, and other team members to meet production data goals. This position will temporarily be assigned in San Antonio until official office move to Houston later in year.
- Utilize SCADA Software such as Wonderware, WIN-911 (callout system), Active Factory Suite, LOWIS, iSNMP, ACM and Topserver for remotely gathered data population from field end-devices into the Eagle Ford SCADA System
- Assist in automation system designs. Work proactively to continue learning new technologies to enhance the opportunities for production sustenance
- Design and build SCADA screens to display field production processes and the data from automation controls
- Investigating, analyzing and correcting complex SCADA systems related problems.
- Technical problem solving skills to identify problems and implement solutions
- Assist with training of field personnel to increase their knowledge of the automation systems in use and the benefits they can gain from using the systems. Also provide training with troubleshooting techniques and ideas on preventive maintenance measures to help prevent production downtime
- Work closely with production engineers and field operations personnel to collect data to improve upon understanding characteristics of individual wells to sustain a high level of production in a safe, clean, and responsible manner
- Maintain a high level of personal HES goals and beliefs and mentor new personnel to adopt MOC's beliefs. Help in any areas necessary to sustain and improve MOC safety standards to nourish the highest quality performances
- Work with the MOC SCADA team to maintain compliance in the Asset with all SCADA Standards
- Good interpersonal and communications skills; able to work with diverse teams
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; Associate's Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or 2 years of equivalent experience in trade school
Experience: 3-5 Years oil and gas experience required; field programming experience required; experience with oil and gas field instrumentation required; 2-3 years experience with Wonderware, AutoSol and Topserver preferred
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
Travel: Occasional (
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Not Applicable || || 29849 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.