Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsible for all activities involving quality assurance, ie. auditing wellsite and laboratory data, proofreading database entries for accuracy and preparing items for upload into the database.
D UTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Audits wellsite and laboratory data in numerical, written, and image format to web-enabled Oracle database, RAPID, with little to no supervision. Functions as a leader in the group
- Proofreads new entries to the RAPID database for accuracy; corrects identified errors. Examples of data include: well information, images, geological and petrophysical data, well logs, reports, and production\completion data
- May require preparing items for upload, this may include typing and scanning hardcopy data and\or photo manipulation and extraction
- Must be able to take sole responsibility for projects as needed
- Responsible for working on a variety of assignments
- Incumbent may be required to communicate with Geologists and/or lab personnel
- Trains other employees and assists with most work related questions
- Must be familiar with Core Laboratories lab procedures as they pertain to the data we load
- May be required to test RDL Net modules and/or assist in documentation
- In addition to the duties mentioned above, the QA Administrator position may be required to perform other duties such as answering telephones, filing, and operating copiers or other office machines
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree required in area of specialty
- Two years related work experience and/or training
- Documented history of strong data input and computer skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel
- M ust be able to multitask
- Ability to solve practical p roblem s and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- C omplete responsibilities in a timely manner
- M aintain attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rtios, and proportions to practical situations
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.