Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: Field Comm / SCADA
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota and Louisiana. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Gas Controller for their office located in Tulsa OK.
• Monitors and resolves problems related to natural gas, pressures, and related activity.
• Ensures all pipeline requirements under DOT Order 192 are followed.
• Analyze and assist in identification and resolution of pipeline and communication problems, take appropriate action to minimize drastic reduction caused by line breaks or other unusual occurrences.
• Responds and coordinates pipeline or plant emergencies.
• Monitors, controls, and re-routes gas flows, via the SCADA System, in order to maintain safe operations.
• Tracks and evaluates pipeline maintenance schedules for impact on gas flows; notifies internal customers to minimize downtime and optimize deliveries.
• Recognizes, analyzes, and resolves problems and takes corrective action to handle emergency situations.
• Calculate, research, and /or verify the following but not limited to:
o pipeline systems load requirements
o transportation imbalances
o special projects related to pipeline control
• Compile, prepare, and /or note information including but not limited to:
o start/stop of receipt/delivery flows
o field personnel call outs
o nomination confirmation and changes
o gas quality issues
o SCADA communication problems
o emergency one call locates
o Maintains event logs and downtime reports; updates system daily reports and imbalance schedules.
• Assists in resolving various issues associated with operations on an as-needed basis.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• Associate degree or equivalent technical school training; or an equivalent combination of closely-related education, training and work experience
• Three  years experience in pipeline operations and/or gas control, scheduling, processing and/or compression
• Work experience in maintenance management applications
• Thorough knowledge of pipeline systems and processing
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively; make sound decisions and exercise good judgment in a safe and logical manner
• Vision sufficient to read computer screens, reports and related documents
• Hearing sufficient to hear verbal instruction and normal conversation levels
• Speech sufficient to communicate in person and over the telephone
• Dexterity sufficient to operate computers and other related office equipment
• Strength sufficient to lift, carry and move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
• Endurance sufficient to maintain efficiency throughout the entire work shift
• Primary work environment is in a confined office setting. Incumbents are confined to a locked-down and isolated gas control room with limited outside access for extended periods of time. Incumbents are required to watch computer screens in order to monitor gas line date and communicate with field personnel related to gas operations and emergencies. Incumbents are required to work 12-hour individual rotating shifts including working nights, weekends, holidays, and be on-call for overtime and emergency needs. Must be willing to work extra shifts to cover for other team members.
• Pipeline or Gas Plant experience
• Control Room experience
• Scheduling experience
• SCADA experience
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.