Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Velma, Oklahoma, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Mainteneance Tech for their facility located in Velma, OK.
The Mainteneance Tech will perform mechanical functions and duties of inspecting, checking, troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing all mechanical equipment in order to maintain high levels of safe and productive equipment performance.
1. Routine maintenance of pumps and electric motors such as bearing and seal replacements, alignments, drain piping modifications, etc.
2. Maintenance on other mechanical equipment such as natural gas compressors, block valves, control valves, air compressors, valve actuators, etc.
3. Assist with replacement of pumps, motors, valves, and other equipment as needed, including initial alignment, testing, and startup.
4. Actively participate in safety compliance, training and safety programs,
5. Ability to review and follow procedures as necessary to achieve strong performance and ensures compliance of all company and industry standards to meet the requirements of all regulatory agencies.
6. Incorporate maintenance management system practices including preventive maintenance, safety checks and break down maintenance on equipment.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High School diploma or GED
• 2 years' Oil & Gas Industry experience, Midstream, Gas Plant Operations
• Demonstrated knowledge of operations and maintenance associated with environmental compliance, safety and various engine models.
• Proficient PC/Software skills required
• Must possess & maintain a valid drivers licsnse
• Regular & reliable attendance
Must possess a valid driver's license
• 2 or more years experience repairing natrul gas compressors
• Basic Knowledge of PLC's
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.