Skills: Production Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
Other Skills: Experience in Reservoir Engineering and/or Production Technology, Well Operations and Arterial Lift System
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is a permanent residential position based in main office with occasional visits to offshore under the Production & Well Performance/Field Operation.
Provide Al Shaheen production optimization & operations experience, direction and guidance to the NOC production & well performance team in order to maximize production and injection performance.
This position contributes significantly and directly to the field's ability to meet production budget target through the identification of short term and long term opportunities to improve production performance and well potential, and ensuring Field Ops team is competent in the optimization of the wells whilst ensuring that wells are operating under their operational envelops.
The well performance engineer keep the well models up to date and monitor, diagnose and propose solutions and is accountable for the well potential and Locked in Potential.
This position is also in permanent contact with NOC-OC in order to contribute to optimize the production or do some adjustments to the production and injection priority to reach the daily targets.
The position is accountable for the continuous well diagnostics and the lease with reservoir and well services teams in order to propose actions and solutions.
The position is in front line on the start-up, clean up and performance evaluation of the new wells.
- Maintain and improve the safety culture by driving the operation and workplace activities in Incident Free environment.
- Keep Monitoring the integrity of the wells and report any activities that violating the safe operation envelope of the wells
- Participate on the Risk Assessments for wells with integrity issues.
- Asses unconstraint and constraint production and injection potential of the wells from their specific location/reservoir and to maintain the performance of wells, within their operating envelopes.
- Ensure updating the simulation models (GAP/Prosper) and match them with the actual performance.
- Identify, propose and implement actions for daily production and injection optimization.
- Be the integrator of the well opportunities generated by the Well Performance Team.
- Managing of the Well Opportunity Database.
- Provide inputs for well SOR and workover justification documents.
- Generate operation programs and procedures.
- Leading projects and task forces.
- Implementation of Procedures for well start-up and clean-up.
- Participation the well operation prioritization meetings.
- Follow up and update of the Locked in Potential wells.
- Provide inputs for the yearly budget regarding well interventions.
- Participate on the Well Performance Group.
- Coordinate reservoir monitoring activities as part of the well opportunities and surveillance activities.
- Follow up well unavailability and the track of the losses.
- Give recommendations to other engineers regarding well diagnostics and possible solutions.
- Represent the team in meetings with other parties and stakeholders
- Mentoring of the younger engineers.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree : Bachelor or Master's Degree in Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or equivalent.
- At least 7 years' proven experience in similar or related roles in the oil and gas environment.
- Experience in Reservoir Engineering and/or Productin Technology
- Proven experience with well operations and arterial lift systems.
Technical, Personal Competences
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to communicate effectively with site personnel, peers and management. Ability to work under pressure and stressing conditions.
- Proficient in Petroleum Experts suite, Visual Basic and Database handling.
- Able to take the lead in some projects involving people from other disciplines.