Doha, Doha, Qatar
Doha, Doha, Qatar
Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Project Controls
Other Skills: Knowledge with Project Management, Engineering, Construction, Contract Management & Project Delivery Principles
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is a permanent residential position based in main office with occasional visits to offshore under the Field Operations Maintenance and Inspection/Contracts & Quality.
- To support the Management of Contracts & Quality section to meet objectives and KPI's set by NOC Management.
- To manage the MOC process in relation to Maintenance and Inspection activities, by identifying and progressing changes, and presenting them for approval by M&I Manager.
- To manage the Class 2 Modification process within M&I, through monitoring and assurance of the progress of modification scope during implementation and through to Close-out.
- To identify and complete periodic reviews of the Class 2 modification procedure and KPI reporting methodology, and manage updates according to the lessons learned and development of supporting tools.
- To ensure clear communications and strong collaboration / integration with other entities within Operations, and in particular with the focal points for Risks (DGS & Integrity Threats) and Opportunities.
The incumbent shall be accountable for the following:
- Champions the MoC process, as it applies to Maintenance and Inspection and Facility Modifications by the application of procedures and standards to support the MoC;
- Contributes directly to the development of the MoC process and tools;
- Ensure that all Maintenance & Inspection Facility Modifications have an appropriate level of deliverables definition;
- Facilitates the management of all identified Maintenance & Inspection Modifications via the MoC process in order to meet the objectives and priorities, as set by the Daily / Weekly meetings;
- Works closely with the identified 'Key' stakeholders;
- Works closely with the Maintenance and Inspection team and ensure alignment on 'Value Assessment and Technical Assessment' for all identified Request for Change (RFC) and prioritised Modifications:
- Ensures that the Maintenance and Inspection team have full visibility of all identified Modifications and their Risk / Opportunity profiles (Priority) through a tracking register and weekly dashboard;
- Ensures that the appropriate responsibility is assigned to the Lead Engineer and/or discipline Engineer, along with all the required information;
- Ensures that the weekly Maintenance and Inspection meetings regarding Modifications are defined and facilitated according to the identified objectives and priorities;
- Ensure that the appropriate technical evaluation is completed by the relevant technically competent persons with in Maintenance Engineering and where there is a deviation the Technical Responsible Person.
- Ensure that the appropriate level of interface management is applied against existing approved Modifications that are maturing, with an emphasis on a system-by-system basis potential conflicts in works scopes.
- Ensure that any cancelled modifications are communicated and recycled with the Originator/Owners of the Modification, and for those that have been deferred, ensure they are kept at the right level of visibility in the process/registers.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline is prefered, with recognized training in project management, although it is recognized that demonstrable experience in multi-discipline activities is very important.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Oil and Gas industry experience.
- The ideal candidate applies his knowledge of project management, engineering, construction, contract management and project delivery principles, practices and techniques and shall possess the following key skill sets:
- Knowledgeable in project management, project execution and the application of the stage gate process with particular emphasis on small project delivery;
- Ability to work with key stakeholders and project teams to resolve issues and reach clear and factually based decisions that are in the best interests of delivering modification projects;
- A strong understanding of the Stage Gate, MoC and interface management processes as they relate to modifications;
- Good communication and people skills;
- Be a team player showing individual initiative, responsibility and integrity, and a high level of decision making with his allocated decision space;