Skills: Contracts Administration, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Repair buyer will be responsible for supporting repairs and new purchases of capital equipment throughout Ensco's eastern hemisphere. In addition to execution of purchase orders, repair buyers are accountable for the accurate tracking of repairs and associated updating of Ensco's Asset management system. Position will processes approved requisition into purchase order, including competitive bidding negotiation, expedition, reviewing open orders
Minimum of five (5) years of relevant combined experience in previous purchasing and material role(s)
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college or University
- Three (3) years of progressive experience in oil drilling industry
- PeopleSoft system purchasing experience
- Engineering acumen, with an ability or understand drawings and schematics
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Working knowledge of oilfield equipment and governing industry guidelines (e.g. API)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Execution of purchase orders supporting equipment repairs and new equipment acquisition
- Monthly reporting of achieved cost savings and cost avoidance
- Remain current on Ensco repair specification, API guidelines, and other industry regulations that impact repair of capital equipment
- Ensure documentation (data books, user manuals, etc.) are obtained prior to close out of purchase orders, as applicable
- Tracking and updating of all repair status
- Coordination with QA/QC personnel to ensure hold points or FATs are scheduled
- Negotiation of purchases prior to order award, as required
- Periodic review and follow up with operations in order to understand upcoming repair activities
- Updating of Ensco's asset management system, ensuring accurate record keeping of assets' location and condition
- In conjunction with materials coordinators, review business unit spare inventory levels to ensure adequate spares of critical equipment are on hand
- Performs Buyer "on call" duties on assigned intervals and performs other duties and special projects as required.
Minimum Requirements for this position
- Accuracy-ability to maintain and handle confidential documentation and information
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and think critically
- Organized- must be detail oriented and able to perform duties with efficiency
- Time management-ability to manage time and manage multiple deadlines
- Communication-Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technical skills-working knowledge of Microsoft office Suite( Words, Excel and PowerPoint) and must have knowledge of applicant tracking system
- Training-Physically capable of traveling to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter, if required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Ensco is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.
Ensco's Vision & Values
Ensco is constantly looking for new talent. As the offshore driller of choice, we will go beyond what is expected to achieve a safe zero-incident workplace and to be the clear choice among employees, customer and investors. Are you looking for your next opportunity? See if you have what it takes to join our team, and if you see yourself within our Core Values. Apply now!
Ensco's Core Values
No harm to people, property or to the environment
Success for employees, customer and shareholders
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.