Skills: Rig Mechanic, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Malabo, Bioko Norte, Equatorial Guinea
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Mechanical Technician is responsible for ensuring allotted mechanical maintenance and repair work is carried out safely, efficiently and according to procedure and that his supervisor is made aware of all activities, especially where safety is an issue. Authorised to maintain and repair vessel mechanical equipment and systems.
Be capable of the following:- Dismantle, repair and reassemble Mechanical equipment, experience of Mechanical Condition Monitoring, diagnose faults, monitor and maintain pollution control measures, work to Health & Safety standards and be part of the Emergency Response team
Units Of Competence
- Dismantle and reassemble Mechanical Equipment
- Monitor and Maintain the condition of Mechanical Equipment
- Diagnose faults in Mechanical Equipment
- Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures
- Contribute to The Health and Safety of the Working Environment
- Emergency Response Role
- Provide any additional duties as required by the OIM/Unit Spt. and/or HOD to maintain safe and efficient running of the Unit.
Proven experience and/or qualified to N/SVQ/HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or local equivalent
3 yrs experience desired with offshore experience preferred.
Experience and knowledge of hydrocarbon processing systems and utilities.
Good experience of Permit to Work, Mechanical Isolation Standards and Risk Assessment.