Skills: Process Engineer, Safety Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Major oil and gas operator is seeking a Process Safety Advisor for a long term contract. Role will initially be based in The Woodlands and will require relocation to Mozambique on a residential basis.
The Process Safety Engineer position is part of the Technical Safety team in Company providing Technical Safety engineering advice and assurance for project to help ensure process safety performance.
- Provide Technical Safety Engineering support to project engineering to implement AIPSM and support the management of major hazards
- Technical assurance (scope, manage and review) of major hazard studies undertaken by peers and 3rd party Contractors such as HAZID, HAZOP and SIL studies. Interpret output and communicate implications.
- Provide specialist expertise to asset/project teams in relation to major accident hazards, QRA, safety critical elements, performance standards and Barrier management.
- Provide integrated HSE risk management support. This includes hazard identification, major hazard assessment, developing HSE Cases and contributing to layout reviews, human factors and health risk assessments, ESH impact assessments, as part of the Hazards and Effects Management Process (HEMP) across the full lifecycle of project.
- Support consultant to carry out a third party Process Safety in Design (PSID) Independent Verification
- Support the project engineering team through execution / design / engineering phase by delivering against the short and long term goals
- Using Technical Safety know-how to challenge business to deliver improved HSE Performance
- Providing Hazards And Effects Management Process (HEMP) skills, ensuring appropriate ALARP / risk decisions are considered during the design and execution
- Supporting Process Safety Performance improvement through participation in audits, inspections, reviews and in incident investigations
- Ensure Corrective Action Plans and Tracking are established post safety studies. Develop a plan that routinely evaluates past due action items making sure they are expeditiously addressed. Report on the overall status of Action items, compliance audit action items, process safety studies, audits and regulatory submittals
- Support the development, approval and maintenance of the Project Safety Case(s)Facilitate external and internal learning with respect to incidents ensuring learning from relevant incidents are incorporated into HSE processes and procedures
- Promote awareness and coach staff in effective Safety Engineering and Major Accident Hazard management
- Provide advocacy in relation to technical safety improvements and deployment of new tools and techniques, to ensure good engineering practice is maintained and to promote continuous improvement as demanded by the company's management systems.
- Be responsible for checking / verifying the application of EPC contractual requirements in relation to the Safety Engineering
- Technical Engineering or Advanced Science degree with 10 plus years related to the oil and gas industry
- Previous experience in Technical Safety engineering.
- A master's degree in safety risk engineering would be advantageous
- Broad knowledge and skill in the application of TSE techniques and tool
- Experience in applying risk assessment in major hazards environment;
- Possess broad spectrum of HSE skills including setting up HSE management systems and providing HSE risk management support
- Familiar with the application and interpretation of fire and explosion consequence models and/or Quantified Risk Assessment (QRA)
- Knowledge of the oil and gas business and its Process Safety aspects.
- Sound understanding of national and international safety legislation and standards
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.