Skills: Operations Management, Petroleum Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
DIRECTOR, INTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS
The Director of International Operations is responsible for the leadership, management, and profitability of diagnostic operations outside of the US. This position ensures proper management and oversight of global operations and business development, location personnel, and safety programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. These duties are carried out under the direct supervision of the Division President.
- Responsible for strategic planning and performance of tracing and logging operations outside of the US, including preparation and management of the annual operations budget.
- Responsible for growth and management of international business opportunities, including frequent, consistent communication with Operations management regarding the status of new business ventures, current, and pending work.
- Responsible for the profitability of global operations including the timely preparation, completion, and submission of financial reports required by the company (e.g. "flash" reports). Profitability is defined by the achievement of agreed-upon financial targets. Analyzes budget requests to identify areas in which improvements can be made.
- Creates, improves, and manages programs to ensure a safe work environment and a culture of safety throughout global regions.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of services provided. Ensures that operations management maintains all required quality control documentation and that they are available for audit at all times.
- Directs activities of direct reports, to include execution of operational plans, performance management of international personnel, and alignment with division goals.
- Ensures effective management of employees, ensuring compliance with acceptable safety requirements, work habits, company policies, and compliance with operations standards and policies.
- Responsible for all aspects of personnel management of direct reports including performance management, hiring, coaching, development, directing, prioritization, and communication of vision, goals, and plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A college degree in a petroleum or petrochemical related field preferred; minimum of 10 years of industry-related experience, including progressive management responsibilities, is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
Excellent oral and written communication skills required in interfacing with multiple levels within the company, as well as with clients. Relies on extensive industry experience and independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, as well as with high-level clients. Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as product specifications, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence and to create presentations. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization. Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization may exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may infrequently be asked to lift and move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work typically takes place in a normal office working environment. Domestic and international travel is required.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.