Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Expeditor needed for a long term contract with an oil and gas company based in the Galleria area. Experience with SAP and Oracle strongly preferred.
- Proactively expedite assigned item(s), by managing and utilizing stakeholder meetings, systems, templates, processes and either aiding in mitigation of or identifying potential risks.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders including, but not limited to, vendors and key client groups such as; engineering, project team members, project contractors, quality and other SCM team members (e.g. Logistics).
- Support and manage assigned equipment/material to ensure on-time readiness and delivery to site in line with the project and construction schedule.
- Support and assist with the management of all associated vendor equipment/material documentation between the vendor, Engineering (or Engineering Consultant) and internal Project teams to ensure prompt review & approval periods.
- Must ensure that all required documentation is received complete (including approvals if applicable) Examples of documentation required can include the following; drawings, RFI's, Inspection Test Plans (ITP), Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS), and Final Vendor Data Requirements (VDR).
- Regular review of vendor fabrication schedules, Inspection and Test Plans (if applicable), Inspection Reports and other pertinent vendor and PO data to mitigate any delays
- Notify key stakeholders of potential or actual delays while working with supplier to resolve issues as required
- Administrate, schedule, chair, minute and manage vendor supply meetings and attend project meetings as required
- Report to stakeholders on equipment/material status, progress, receiving status as required using the required reporting formats.
- Assist in the review and verification of invoices for accuracy as required
- Work with vendors and stakeholders to resolve freight claims, investigate quantity shortages/overages, shipment errors, tagging issues etc.
- Communicate potential commercial and technical issues to the Project team members and stakeholders.
- Assist with logistics for delivery of equipment/material to site and coordinate with construction at site to ensure readiness and proper equipment is available for off-loading shipment as required
- Coordinate activities and communicate regularly with key stakeholders.
- Follow standard processes to ensure that the expediting tasks and duties for assigned equipment/material is centralized as per the direction of the team lead & or Manager.
- Keep updated electronic records per requirements for timely completion of PO/Contract closeouts by creating, organizing and maintaining expediting files
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.