Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Leeds, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
We currently have multiple exciting opportunities for Subsea Engineers to join our Tree Group team at OneSubsea in Leeds at all experience levels.
As a prospective candidate you will be required to develop or oversee oil and gas equipment designs, either to meet specific customer requirements, the OneSubsea standard portfolio or the needs of the oilfield industry in general.
You will be expected to deliver technical information, instructions and drawings within a planned schedule. Provide advice to customers, other operations and departments across the OneSubsea business on design, problems and solutions.
Responsibilities of the Product Design Engineer roles are:
- To create, analyse and develop Product Design to meet customers' or the industry's needs, having an awareness of good economic design and safety, both in manufacture and function.
- Design, produce and analyse mathematical models as well as undertaking mechanical design calculations and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results) following company procedures.
- To engage in product development work within the OneSubsea Standard Tree portfolio.
- Discuss the customer's requirements and identify OneSubsea products which meet these.
- Give technical advice on the application and proper use of OneSubsea products.
- Adhere to the processes stipulated in the Engineering Procedures (EP's) and the Quality Assurance Manual (QAM). These may be modified in certain instances by Special Procedures (SPs) or customer purchase requirements.
- To ensure all work is undertaken in a safe manner in line with company health and safety guidelines.
- To reflect and promote Schlumberger "blue print" of Commitment, Integrity, Teamwork and Drive.
- Maintain familiarity with Company technology, organisation, and business. Understand and provide technical solutions according to OneSubsea strategy.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering or suitable alternative qualification plus suitable experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- PC skills to include, SAP/PLM, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, MathCad, AutoCad and Inventor or similar 3D CAD package.
- Have the initiative and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Customer (internal and external) focus.
- Decision Making/Judgment.
- Results focus.
- Work Environment/Safety.
- Oil and gas equipment experience desirable but not essential.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.