Waggaman, Louisiana, United States
Waggaman, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Technician
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Waggaman, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Individual is responsible for the daily maintenance of the Unit. Individual will manage unit maintenance costs and work in conjunction with process supervisors to establish priorities and work schedules. Supervises facilities maintenance workers who perform maintenance service and repairs in the areas of equipment, plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, or electrical servicing to the organization's facilities.
• Ensure safety of maintenance personnel in their day-to-activities by following site procedures and policies, cleaning up area after job is complete and encouraging participation in established employee safety programs.
• Issuing of safety work permits to maintenance personnel
• Maintain critical safety devices and PM's within prescribed inspection schedules
• Direct and supervise craftsmen in their day-to-day completion of work; Assist in coordinating the resources the craftsmen need for completing their day-to-day work with the Reliability Coordinator
• Develop and execute action plans for upgrading skills of craftsmen with appropriate training.
• Responsible for scheduling daily maintenance tasks and weekly prioritization of maintenance activities with operations
• Assist with identification, planning, scheduling, and procuring materials & equipment for the execution of maintenance and minor capital work orders.
• Assist with securing all resources including people, materials and outside expertise to maximize occupancy and minimize reliability costs.
• Develop, track and report key metrics in a timely manner for continual reliability improvement
• Responsible for meeting budgets and adherence to strict cost control practices.
KEY SKILL's (Must have):
• Behavioral skills, values and competencies.
• Strong commitment to on and off the job safety
• Self-motivated, highly skilled, and a team player
• Results oriented with continuous improvement mindset
• Focus on improving cost control
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Strong desire to learn/teach
• Strong trouble-shooting skills
• Willing to manage subordinates
• Engages subordinates in participative management process and leads/motivates subordinates to outstanding performance
• Ability to manage personal time to coordinate/track large quantities of work and be available to respond to plant needs
• Minimum 10 years of plant maintenance experience in a chemical manufacturing, refinery or other related industrial environment working in conjunction with production units.
• Extensive hands-on knowledge of reciprocating and rotating equipment.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience related to operations, maintenance or construction in industrial environment is desirable but not mandatory.
Cornerstone Chemical Company is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.