This role is a chemical engineering position supporting Gulf of Mexico operations as an asset chemical engineer or other role. This role requires offshore travel to the asset locations for surveillance, project, and RCA activities. The asset chemical engineer in the Surface Engineering Chemical Engineering team is typically placed into an asset VAT (Virtual Asset Team) role where they provide chemical engineering support. The VAT is structured and located to provide multidiscipline asset support in a collaborative environment. In a VAT role the chemical engineer is expected to be integral part of the Asset cadence beginning the day with proactive technical monitoring, console reviews with offshore operations, DPR (Daily Production Review), and other collaboration meetings. The GOM Chemical Engineering team's primary mission is to provide leadership and support in the areas of production chemistry, flow assurance, water management, integrity management, and waterflood excellence through many processes imbedded in the organization. These processes include, but are not limited to, WRFM (Well, Reservoir and Facility Management), E2E Chemical Management, and PEI/Integrity Management/MEC. Additionally, special projects will be staffed/executed by a chemical engineer that fall outside the scope of direct asset support.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or other engineering degree with related experience.
- 5+ years industry chemical engineering experience
- Background in production chemistry, flow assurance, and production operations
- Proven ability to work across teams and within cross discipline teams including demonstrated continuous learning and curiosity
- Experience and Competencies in any of the following areas are strongly preferred:
- E2E Chemical Management - (e.g. Production Chemistry Management, Fluids Separation/Hydrocarbon quality, Organic and Inorganic Solids, Internal Corrosion, Product Selection using field and laboratory techniques)
- Deepwater Integrated Production Systems - (e.g. Reservoir Fluids, General Well Design, Inflow/Outflow, Subsea Hardware and Architecture, Subsea System Flow Assurance principles, Production Optimization, Produced Fluids Surface Process Systems, Utility Systems and Fluids Management)
- Assurance and Process Safety -e.g. (Production Chemistry, Process Engineering, Flow Assurance, TA collaboration. MOC Process, HAZOP, HSE Case Compliance, Bowtie development and review, HEMP.)
- Asset Support - (e.g. RCA/Causal Learning, Management of Change, WRFM-Wells, Reservoir, and Facilities Management, DPRs, Hazop, Integrated Activity Planning, MTO, Business Management Systems, Hardware/Equipment Care, Project Management, operating guidelines and procedures, chemical vendor management, waterflood system surveillance, H2S Management, production optimizations and well interventions (squeeze, matrix acid stimulation, scale removal, organic solids management, development of flow assurance, well functional specifications, biological surveillance of the integrated production system and utilities)
- Utilities Water Treatment - open and closed cooling systems, boiler feedwater demineralization and treatment, condensate treatment
- Knowledge in Chemical Modeling Tools Corrosion, Scale, Hydrate, Multiphase modeling, Umbilical Modeling is preferred
- Effective communication skills with engineers, operations, and leadership
- Offshore travel is required
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.