Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tripoli, Tripoli District, Libya
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Libya
Law degree (JD/LLB or equivalent) and related national professional legal qualifications.
A minimum of 1 to 2 years of legal post qualification experience in a law firm or corporate environment is required.
Attorney Job Description:
Handles day-to-day/routine legal issues relating to functions at the headquarters:
- Provides legal support to other functional groups at headquarters such as the Personnel, Tax and Treasury Teams;
- Responsible for supporting group subsidiaries in complying with specialized legal issues such as competition and privacy;
- Interacts with all other support functions and departments ensuring the Legal Departments involvement in all matters that may have a legal impact to Schlumberger;
- Provides legal support to operations in order to ensure compliance with local regulations and Schlumberger Code of Ethics, including participating in carrying out Operations Assurance Reviews;
- Assists the Supervisor to implement procedures, practices and guidelines. Assists the Supervisor in litigation management (i.e. follow up, updates, etc);
- Assists the Supervisor in managing and supervising Outside Counsel;
- Assists the Supervisor with respect to reporting, filings and other issues around the exchanges on which Schlumberger securities are traded;
- Participates in the Legal Department training and development initiatives and completes all assigned training;
- Assists to supervise and coach an Administrative Assistant, where applicable;
- Participates in assigned Legal Department Management strategic initiatives; ;
- Uses and contributes to the LawHub and assists with the maintenance and content update of Corporate Legal webpage.