Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is currently recruiting for a Instrument Commissioning Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Accountable for expediting the safe and timely preparation and execution of the Project E&I Commissioning work scopes, in adherence with Project HSEQ safety requirements, procedures and practices.
- Accountable for ensuring all Instrument and Controls Commissioning activities are carried out in accordance with Project / Company procedures in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Key aims and objectives
- Deliver a high standard of E&I Commissioning capability, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times
- Effective liaison with any Client / Vendor / Sub-contractor representative.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Actively participate in all Company and Project safety initiatives.
- Produce study, assess and verify all E&I Commissioning drawings, specifications and instructions and escalate any issues identified.
- Development, issue and update of all applicable E&I Commissioning, procedures / working practices and system / sub-system boundary drawings required for the delivery of the Commissioning process - ensure compliance with all Project standards, specifications and procedures.
- Ensure that all work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications are strictly adhered to as well as all Company systems of quality assurance.
- Liaise with the Project Engineering office to ensure all E&I drawings are produced in line with Commissioning requirements.
- Ensure, before any work commences, that all items of material, equipment, scaffolding etc. required are available to avoid abortive and unproductive use of labour.
- Liaise with Project personnel to identify and deliver early Commissioning / Project gains.
- Review all E&I system / sub-system mechanical completion Commissioning sign-off certificates / milestones.
- Interface with Project Management and Client representatives on all matters applicable to E&I Commissioning, providing accurate reporting on status including identification of issues or concerns which may impact Project delivery.
- Liaise with Client representatives to ensure, where applicable / required, Commissioning data / services are supplied.
- Liaise with Construction / Completions teams in the development of E&I Commissioning Interfaces
- Attend Permit to Work meetings and approve work permits.
- Maintain primary contact and a good working relationship with Vendors / Sub-Contractors Management and site representatives.
- Ensure, before any variation work is carried out by a Vendor / Sub-Contractor that an authorised instruction has been provided.
Project specific requirements
- The Commissioning Instrument and Controls Engineer is expected to cover both Instrument and Electrical Disciplines during the onshore phase.
- The Commissioning Instruments and Controls Engineer is also expected to perform offshore rotation once full commissioning commences as a back to back with a 2nd Commissioning Instruments and Controls Engineer, along with other E&I discipline commissioning personnel and technicians.
- The position shall report directly to the Finlaggan Commissioning Lead.
Qualifications / Training
- Minimum 4-year apprenticeship in Instrumentation / System Controls
- Recognised O&G Instrument / System Controls discipline background.
- Fully conversant with Project Completion Management Systems with extensive knowledge of Project Commissioning practices and procedures.
- IT Literate (Excel / Word / Powerpoint etc) with experience in Management Databases.
- BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical / CA EBS / MIST / Safety Passport.
- Attain 100% compliance for all pre-mobilisation training requirements prior to deployment.
- Attain 100% compliance for all post-mobilisation training requirements within 12 months of contract start.
- HNC / Degree educated in Instrumentation / System Controls
- Minimum 15 years' experience in Instrumentation / System Controls
- Extensive knowledge of the Commissioning and Completion process, its implementation.
- Experienced in the production of detailed E&I procedures / certificates / test sheets / documents / reports.
- Extensive knowledge of O&G related HSEQ safe working practices / procedures.
- Able to interface and interact with Management and Client representatives at all levels.
- Detailed knowledge of the Commissioning process and associated systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Permit to Work systems
- Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety.
- Flexible / able to comply / adapt to Company / Client requirements.
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of Project / Company goals.
- Able to interact with management / personnel at all levels - committed team player.
- Confident and able to work on own initiative.
- Desire to learn and develop not only self but others within team - good attitude to continuous improvement.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to demonstrate effective and efficient management of processes and personnel.
- Able to demonstrate high level understanding of HSEQ safe working practices / procedures and their implementation.
- Able to manage / maintain budget / schedule requirements.
- Able to interpret Project procedures and drawings extensive understanding of P&ID's / C&Es, SLD's etc.
- Able to produce technical documents and procedures covering all aspects of the E&I Commissioning process.
- Extensive experience of E&I Commissioning related activities.
Project Specific Requirements
- Client's chosen software for Finlaggan commissioning is PIMS, previous working knowledge would be preferable.