Skills: Document Control
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is looking for a Senior Document Controller to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen.
You will join the Project Controls function which provides Project Control services on projects to include planning, cost control, document control and estimating. Project controls is involved in all stages of the project life cycle including Concept, FEED and the EPC phases subject to scope of requirements. To assist with providing these services, the Project Controls team utilises an in-house integrated project management system interfaced with proprietary systems where appropriate.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the project Electronic Document Management Systems (SharePoint, SHAREcat, Cimage)
- Assurance of the Worleyparsons document control function (Pre-loads, Document Distribution Matrix, completeness, etc.)
- Serving as single-point-of-contact for the BP project team and operating asset team for the management of project documentation and the supporting applications
- Providing an accurate and unbiased view of project information status to both the Project Information Manager and the wider Delivery Teams
- Supporting the Worleyparsons Document Manager in responding to Project queries and requests
- Applying the document numbering and naming conventions for the project
- Maintaining document registration, archiving and disposal procedures - Issuing document numbers
- Ensuring compliance with standards and procedures - Collaborating with BP Operations to develop plan for and execute information handover to Operations
- Providing end user support for applications such as SHAREcat, SharePoint and Cimage/DCS
- Supporting the document as-building processes and being proactive in identifying and coordinating resolution of issues.
- Ensuring only approved users have access to project document management systems.
- PIMS and PMCS record archiving in SHAREcat
- Ensure BP project documentation is effectively captured, stored, managed, retrieved and archived - Provide periodic reports of the Project's information management status
- Own and maintain the BP Document Management Procedure
- Own and maintain BP document standards and specifications for the Project, e.g. Engineering and Supplier Document Requirements Catalogues, and the Document Numbering Specification.
- Populate the BP EDMS (SharePoint) with project documentation
- Providing guidance and expertise to BP GPO and other BP projects in the domain of Document Management
- Relevant Document Controller experience related to engineering and supplier document management on projects or business assets (ideally Operator based with full lifecycle experience)
- Experience using web based Electronic Document Control Systems (EDMS) for controlling project documentation
- Excellent MS Office (2010) skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experienced user of Adobe Acrobat Standard (creating/editing pdf files)
- Advanced communication and people skills
- Strong attention to detail and a methodical approach
- Experience performing effectively in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment
- Strong commitment to HSSE
- High level of self-motivation
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply to Job' button below