Job Description Purpose
The role of the Advisor Technical Learning Oman is to manage all Learning and Development activities for Shell in Oman, in an environment of rapid business growth.Accountabilities
- Develop, own and execute every aspect of the Learning & Development plan applying the whole spectrum of learning methods (on the job, blended, classroom, networks, coaching and mentoring)
- Implement competence solutions including recertification, compliance training, HSE and Technical Authority framework
- Track learning spend, delivery and effectiveness.
- Manage locally delivered programmes including budget, performance against target and prioritization
- The role is required to build relationships with stakeholder in and outside of Shell, and in and outside of Oman.
- Collaborate with Shell Learning Portfolio owners (course owners, learning advisors) to implement formal, social and workplace learning interventions.
- Develop local content plans for capability building to deliver on the goals set by the Government on Omanization.
- No direct reports
- The role will partner Subject Matter Experts in the wider HR community, including skillpool/capability managers and the Shell Learning Products owners for performance delivery.
Shell has been a partner in Oman's remarkable development and progress over the last several decades. In Shell, we have been providing pioneering technologies and expertise in the energy industry and creating value for the community of which we have long proudly been a part.Requirements Skills & Requirements
- Background in technical or non-technical learning, ideally with a focus on Operations and Maintenance.
- Knowledge and Skill in the field of Learning & Development including experience in leading a competence building agenda,
- Proven ability to deliver impact through learning interventions
- Ability to connect with senior leaders and influence effectively at different levels of the organisation
- Effective cross-boundary collaboration skills and the ability to deliver through others on face to face and virtual manner.
- Strong programme and project management skills, including budget management.
- Ability to deal with a 'start-up' and associated time pressure for delivery.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong cross-cultural behaviour and enquiry skills
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.