The Shell Pernis refinery is the largest refinery in Europe and refines some 400.000 barrels per day. The Contracting & Procurement (C&P) department ensures that all materials and services required for the site are contracted out such the refinery can run safely and economically. Services include maintenance, project and turn around programs. Contracting & Procurement develops the contracting strategies and tenders or negotiates the work. Once a contract is in place, we maximize the value of the contract by ensuring that all involved adhere to the agreement and implements improvement opportunities.
For this dynamic location we are currently looking for a Contract Buyer
to join our team in Pernis.What is the role about?
In the role of Contract Buyer your key responsibility will be to work with the site stakeholders to deliver robust procurement and contracting solutions. You will have your own contract portfolio for which you will be accountable.
Besides setting up new contract solutions, you also ensure contract management on existing agreements to deliver the required benefits and drive operational excellence by reviewing and improving the current ways of working.
As a Contract Buyer you actively work with various C&P Managers, Technical and Maintenance Managers and other site-based teams, to identify optimal procurement strategies. You are responsible for leading the implementation of these strategies while negotiating site contracts.
All of this is focused on reducing the costs to the business and driving out waste, while ensuring security of supply to ongoing operations, projects, and turnarounds, depending on the contract portfolio.
Safety is a number one priority at Shell and in your role as Contract Buyer you need to ensure that contracts and contract activities comply with the Shell safety standard (HSSE).
Your key activities will be:
- Accountable for the overall development and delivery (end-to-end implementation) of procurement strategies to maximize the value of spend on a total life cycle basis.
- Lead the development and execution of contracting strategies including tender, negotiation and award and the post-award contract management and continuous improvements against the deals.
- Take an active role in implementing Enterprise Framework Agreements (EFA) at the site, including implementation of local call offs and transition between suppliers, were the use of EFA's makes sense.
- Gather market knowledge and information in order to ensure that the site remains having the best solutions, this might include benchmarking.
- Manage relationships with key third party providers so as to meet business challenges and identify improvement opportunities.
- Develop new commercial ideas and opportunities to enable the business to meet current and prospective business challenges.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the supply market.
- Data mining in order to analyses, review, suggest and implement continuous improvement of contract management processes.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.Requirements
What do you need from you?
In order to be successful in this role you have:
- A college degree HBO level in Business Economics or Laws
- Extensive relevant working experience in the oil and gas or chemical industry
- Excellent communication skills in both English as Dutch
- Strong negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- CIPS certification is a pre
- A passion for getting the best results in collaboration with a professional team where we continuously learn from each other and work on designing the further.
This role is a great opportunity to start and develop your career within C&P at ShellDisclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.