WorleyParons is currently recruiting a Senior Instrument Engineer based in Aberdeen for 12 months.
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- Carry out work in accordance with WorleyParsons and project Healthy, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
- Maintain the required technical quality or workIdentify scope and schedule changes in accordance with Change Control Process.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures, standards and regulations.
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline.
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review.
- Maintain good communication with the Client and visit Assets when necessary.
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise.
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
- Experienced in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline.
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs.
- Familiar with and competent in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting.
- Aware of commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering.
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work.
- Able to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates.
- Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work.
- Competent in design safety / environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities for both self and subordinates
- Capable of generating a co-operative team based culture for groups under his control.
- Able to take a lead in motivation, training, and ongoing education of subordinates.
- Able to supervise and technically direct a small single discipline team of engineers and designers