Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Exploration Support Analyst s
We are currently seeking a motivated self-starter to provide frontline support for Landmark's application portfolio via telephone, email or chat making use of all available tools and Technical Assistance Center work processes in order to deliver quality support in a timely manner. Applications would include but not be limited to:
- DecisionSpace Geoscience (DSG) Geology & Geophysics modules(geological and seismic interpretation, mapping and modelling for asset teams)
- GeoProbe (geophysical 3D interpretation package)
- Data Loading (Seismic data loading)
- OpenWorks (Landmark's Oil field project data management platform)
As an Exploration Software Support Analyst you will be part of a global team that provides technical assistance by phone, email, and other media to registered users of Landmark's integrated subsurface interpretation software. You will typically interface with Geoscientists and Geotechnicians at Oil & Gas companies or Halliburton consultants on assignment at client companies or in the field, providing workflow advice, troubleshooting, defect testing/reporting by utilizing a variety of virtual systems to emulate the client environment.
The successful applicant will receive formal training on the above-mentioned applications and advanced training in the form of mentoring from senior team members, all of whom have geology or related degrees experience in oil and gas exploration and production. Additional training will be provided for our integrated suite of case handling and knowledge management software, to enable you to quickly locate high quality solutions to pass along to clients, and to enter your own solutions when you solve new problems.
Highly motivated professionals will find their service in the Landmark Customer Success organization to be a solid step in their career paths toward technical consulting or sales, product management, and the myriad other career opportunities available at Halliburton. Halliburton promotes career growth opportunities with a variety of learning modalities available through "Halliburton University", targeted development programs, and networking groups.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide front-line software application support in Landmark's Geoscience portfolio
- Maintain a consistent client focused approach with clients and company peers
- Investigation and analysis of product problems related to assigned software products
- Recommend and implement proposed solutions to resolve reported problems
- Effectively plan and manage own workload to meet desired service level targets.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Geophysics, Geology, Petroleum Geosciences, or equivalent with 5 years of work experience in the industry.
- Ideally previous experience as a technical geophysical support person in the oil and gas industry
- Experience using Landmark applications will be highly regarded
- Proficiency with LINUX/WINDOWS operating systems and/or UNIX environment as the role has an predominant IT component
- Ability to quickly understand and work effectively with Global customers.
- Strong communication skills and active listening skills will complement your organizational ability to effectively multi-task and manage priorities, in order to exceed customer needs and expectations
- A team player, highly service oriented and self-motivated.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English are required. Fluency (verbal and written) in Malay and or Mandarin may be an advantage.
- Good people skills are required.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lvl 10, 199 Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, 50400, Malaysia
Requisition Number: 61293
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.