Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Golden Meadow, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron's Gulf of Mexico (GOM) Business Unit's Deepwater Operations is accepting online applications for the position of Offshore Electrician Trainee rotating out of Galliano, LA through March 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position will assume the responsibility of maintaining and repairing a wide array of electrical and electronic equipment associated with offshore oil and gas producing operations.
The successful candidate(s) will work on multi-skilled offshore operations team. The successful candidate will work a 14 & 14 rotational schedule. The position could be on any of our deep water facilities including, Jack/St. Malo (Semi-submersible floating facility), Petronius (Compliant Tower facility),Tahiti (Spar), Blind Faith (Semi-submersible floating facility), Genesis (Spar) or Bigfoot (Semi-submersible floating facility).
Requisition ID# 399872
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices, maintaining a safe working environment, and being prepared to respond to an environmental or safety event.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain wide array of automation equipment associated with offshore oil and gas producing operations; including but not limited to:
- Electrical motors
- Electrical switchgear and motor control centers
- Distribution transformers
- Lighting systems
- Diesel and Turbine Generators and associated controls
- DC and UPS systems
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning systems
- Partner with other employees, and contractors to ensure that all equipment is operating at peak efficiency.
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System to create work orders for inventory and work planning/prioritization.
- Assure all work performed adheres to Chevron's Operational Excellent standards and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree with a GPA of 2.5 or higher in electrical or electronic, instrumentation or petroleum technology within the last 3 years. Or Military rank of E4 or higher and discharged from the military within the last 3 years with Military Occupational Specialty in: Instrumentation, Electrical, or related discipline.
- Ability and willingness to work a 14/14 offshore rotational schedule.
- Ability and willingness to work 12-hour shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Extended shifts past 12-hours and after-hours support may occasionally be required.
- Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination
- 2 years of offshore electrician experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Current T-2 regulatory certification / Production Safety System Training.
- Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and production related issues.
- Experience with voltages up to 13,8 kv.
- General knowledge of major offshore facility process systems.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic instrumentation, and electrical equipment associated with offshore facility process systems.
- Familiarity with SCADA systems and capable of using analytical skills to perform predictive failure analysis.
- Demonstrates understanding of BSEE (e.g. API RP 14C, 14F, and 500) and United States Coast Guard (USCG) regulations, and the National Electric Code (NFPA 70 and Electrical Safety in the Workplace NFPA 70E) regarding safety device testing and installations.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), and CMMS.
- Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houma
Nearest Secondary Market: New Orleans
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.