Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: HR - General, Payroll, Secretarial or Administrative
Other Skills: Front Office Representative, Office Management, HR Generalist, HR Assistant
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Salary: Annual Salary $35,000 - $40,000 USD (non-exempt)
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
RINA Energy Houston is seeking a Bilingual Receptionist / HR Administrative Assistant to perform secretarial duties, provide administrative and organizational support for the office by performing the following duties.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who is proactive and takes initiative to complete projects. This dynamic individual will need to be able to prioritize tasks and projects with little guidance and seek out new work as projects are completed. The ideal candidate must exhibit and maintain professional work habits, appropriate punctuality, appropriate grooming, appropriate dress, appropriate manner, language, and positive demeanor in interactions with Managers, co-workers and visitors.
HR Administrative Assistant
- Assist the Human Resources Manager with a wide range of projects related to HR Function (i.e. onboarding, orientation, recruiting, and applicant tracking)
- Assist in new hire preparation (i.e. basic supplies, offices)
- Assist with new-employee orientations
- Maintain confidential personnel files and personnel actions
- Act as administrative support to Human Resources functions and manager as requested
- Provide support for employee safety, welfare, wellness and health reporting
- Support and participate in the organization's environmental and safety program to conform to ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (i.e. training, grievances, and performance evaluations)
- Communicate with public services when necessary
- Ensure smooth communication and prompt resolution of request and questions
- Perform diversified clerical, data entry and administrative activities
- Manage/answer multi-line telephone including taking and relaying messages as needed
- Greet visitors and respond to initial needs
- Ensure visitors are in compliance with HSE Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Manages central badge inventory for lost/forgotten security badges
- Sign for packages, sort incoming / outgoing mail, and deliver to appropriate persons
- Serve as liaison between property management and office staff
- Maintain kitchen, front reception area
- Keep breakroom stocked, clean and organized (i.e. water dispenser, coffee maker)
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Ensure recycling programs compliance with organizational guidelines pertaining to the collection and disposal of all recyclable material
- Provide support for various projects and corporate initiatives; arrange team meetings and events
- Assist with key employee events (social activities, community outreach, on-site company events, holiday events).
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Hands-on HR experience
- Payroll experience
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High energy with positive attitude
- Strong problem-solving skills, including being able to identify issues and resolve matters in a timely manner following established systems and procedures while maintaining confidentiality.
- Able to work with strict deadlines and adapt a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information.
We provide a wide range of services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors.
RINA is the excellence behind excellence, a global corporation that leads industries to success. We work closely with customers, assisting them in the most effective, safe and sustainable way across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transportation, Infrastructure and Industry sectors.
Through a global network of 3,700 talented professionals, operating in 170 offices in 65 countries, we support the market operators across the entire life cycle of their projects.
We have proudly inspected and supervised more than 30,000 km of pipelines, more than 250 certified and requalified platforms and more than 100 LNG projects.
Authorized to act on behalf of over 110 flag states, we have classified more than 5,600 ships, totaling 36.8 M GT, more than 1,300 yachts, and we are 1st World ranked for ferry classification.
We have issued more than 36,000 product certificates, more than 28,000 management systems certificates and we have performed over 150,000 laboratory tests.
Transport & Infrastructure
We partnered on more than 700 projects for railway lines, trains and metro, we have certified more than 695,000 sqm of sustainable buildings and we performed 50+ Combat System Integration Studies for Defense projects.
We have contributed to the development of more than 200 new prototypes and products, more than 10 innovative alloys and special steel, and held more than 1,200 AIM orders.
Working in RINA
Working with RINA means transforming challenges into opportunities and brilliant ideas into excellent solutions.
Join us and build your own path of excellence.