- Initiate process design and assurance to plant modification as per assigned technical authority TA3 according to Management of Change procedure. MT11 areas cover Steam (U7000), condensate, BFW systems, Power generation unit (U7600), Open(U7190) and Closed (U7100) cooling water systems, Off Gas Incinerator(U8100), Demin water unit (U7050), Chilled water unit (U7140), drinking/service water (U7060), Waste Water Treatment unit (U8200), and sewage(U7700).
- Provides technological content for plant performance reports to include process, catalyst and equipment of the assigned process. Participate in process incident investigation and process improvement proposal to ensure optimal integrated solution for capital project initiation.
- Delivery of establishing a business case for minor/major project proposal by providing the feasibility study/key investigation in the project Assess phase, and front end process design for the Basis Of Design and Process Design Package in the project Select/Define phase.
- Responsible in the development of new catalyst and resins, new catalyst/resins acquisition, implementation and disposal in the assigned units.
- Process custodian to the unit process safeguarding documentation viz. Process Safeguarding Memorandum, Process Safeguarding Narratives of the assigned units. Provide consistency and accurate documentation of operating manuals, operating procedures including unit start-up, unit shutdown and special operation such as catalyst loading/unloading and conditioning etc.
- Contribute to improve safe and flawless operation by actively participate in LFI and Group standard/program implementation on-site in-process integrity, define safe operating window and limits for safe unit operations. This include the development of operating procedure and manual, ESP Technical proactive monitoring, Variable table/alarm, process control, process safeguarding system (Safeguarding Memo, Narrative), PEFS, and PFS. Participate in the close-out of all HEMP RAP, Technical Safety Review/HAZOP action items in respective process units.
- Provide technical support to the commissioning, start-up of additional facilities of existing plant and new facilities/projects. Provide support to the post-implementation review of MOC and minor project, participate in lesson learned documentation and knowledge management.
- Specific knowledge coverage for this position include Utilities and Waste water treatment knowledge management. Provide biweekly Water Chemistry monitoring and control advice, Water Chemistry reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly) and waste water effluent monitoring reporting (weekly, monthly and quarterly). Responsible as site technical and contract focal point for technical support delivery from vendor Nalco on water treatment. Provide monthly and quarterly SMDS GHG emission data for environment reporting to Shell group in complying to ISO14064/3 standard.
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.Requirements
- Bachelor or Master degree in Chemical Engineering discipline
- 3-5 minimum years of relevant experience in a refinery, gas plant or chemical site is required.
- 3 years in dealing with utility system
- Candidate must possess the right work authorization to work in Bintulu, Sarawak
- Position is on contract terms for 1.5 years
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.