Responsible to the Terminal Manager and Lead Facilities Engineering for assuring asset technical integrity in accordance with Group HSSE-CF and AMS requirements across his/her Terminals.
As "Chief Ship Engineer" of the Terminals, he is to have singe-point accountability to the Facilities teams for the execution of capital and major maintenance projects as well as for the planning and monitoring of asset inspection and maintenance activities, implementing the identified contracting strategies using competent personnel and established procedures.
FE will be the main representative of the Engineering Organization to the Terminal. He/She will be accountable to the Terminal Manager and team to ensure there is full support for Global T&S programs such as FLBM, TiC, Process Safety & Integrity Leadership, AMS Reset and DGIP.
In addition to responsibilities to the terminal, the prospective FE shall also provide process engineering support to the cluster of countries that his or her team is supporting, namely Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. This would entail supporting design reviews by consultants, reviewing safeguarding data such as tank venting and pressure relief calculations and hydraulic checks.
Principal Accountabilities include but not limited to:
- Embed the Asset Management System in each Terminal as per the AMS requirements.
- Deliver the DGIP Project as per schedule, within budget, at the right quality.
- Set-up and implement a DGAME/DGIP S&I team and process to ensure the health of the DGAME 6-Pillars and the link between the 4 DGAME processes.
- Ensure that each Terminal is visited by FE at least once a quarter. These site visits should be scheduled, with a proper agenda, to ensure that all aspects of AMS (ie, AI-PS, DGAME, Assurance, TiC, etc) are discussed.
- Ensure a smooth interface between FE/TM with PM team, R&I team, and other SMEs
- Ensure that there is a robust implementation of the TA-structure at terminal-level, as per the HSSE-CF. Ensure there is a consistent utilization of the TA-structure to provide assurance of control points as defined in the PCAP or ACAL.
- Support in ensuring that there a robust application of the MOC, SOF processes at the Terminals.
- Manage and support the 22 AIPSM requirements of the HSSE Control Framework that span risk management, design and construction, inspection and maintenance and process safety culture.
- To ensure cost effective delivery of engineering services through the use of fit-for-purpose standards, and practices;
- Ensure and support delivery of the capex project targets on quality, budget, schedule and construction safety requirements; Ensure all Construction HSSE targets are met in the execution of engineering works. Seek continuous improvement and professionalization of the contractor framework.
- Ensure R&I plan reviews are accomplished as per DGAME manual requirements. If possible, participate in the reviews, supporting discussions and process of optimizing integrity assessments. Ensures that R&I Plans are always up-to-date throughout entire asset lifecycle.
- Organize and bring in necessary SME support to accomplish R&I reviews, RBI, Lean/CI activities as needed by Facilities Engineering team and Terminal Ops
- Ensure that SCE list, Asset register & tagging, and GSAP-PM data is always up-to-date throughout the asset lifecycle.
- Ensure that all SCEs are accounted for, risk-assessed, and have fit-for-purpose control and mitigation plans (R&I Plans) set up for each one. Ensure that SCEs are properly tagged on-site.
- Ensure that all MX01/MX02 work orders are accomplished within the allowable period. Ensure that SCE Extension guidelines are adhered to by Operations.
- Ensure that results of Technical Inspections are reviewed according to the TA-Structure and DGAME manuals, and that recommendations are documented, and necessary follow-up actions are raised via GSAP-PM and/or Projects/MOC processes.
- Ensure that the Process Resource tools (PRTs) are sufficient and adequate to be able to perform key integrity tasks according to acceptable standard. Ensure that PRTs are kept up-to-date, and fit-for-purpose.
- Seek improvements in maintenance practice through RCA of Bad Actors and the improvement in the Maintenance Contracting strategies
- Ensure that ACAL and PCAP requirements on QA/QC are accomplished and documented.
- Ensure that Design Basis and Operating Limit data are available and kept up-to-date.
- Ensure that all HSSE-CF Critical Drawings and Documents are kept up-to-date.
- Participate in Failure investigations and Root Cause Analysis, and perform role according to HSSE-CF guidelines.
- Ensure that there is proper support given to Terminal Ops onboarding and competence management programs. (FLBM)
- Ensure that third-party inspection and service contractors have the necessary competence, qualifications, and/or certifications to perform the inspection and maintenance work in the Terminals.
- Ensure that there is adequate Engineering support for Terminal LOD1 activities, and that Engineering/SME roles are available as part of the requirements of the LOD1 toolkit.
Shell began operations in Indonesia more than 100 years ago and can look back on a rich history with Indonesia. At Shell Indonesia, we believe that diversity is key: it will help our drive to innovate and make sure that our employees' ideas will travel. We offer an exciting platform from which you can deliver and excel. Shell Indonesia manages business operations that include marketing and trading oil products directly as well as through its appointed distributors. In 2006, Shell started its Commercial Fuels business in Indonesia: we provide bulk fuels and related technical support to the Industrial and Transport Sector. Shell Indonesia is also planning to establish a significant presence in the upstream sector.Requirements
- Engineering graduate with 3+ years of diversified engineering experience
- Should be aware of the basic Terminal Ops Assets
- Good exposure and working knowledge in HSSE CF, Process Safety, Asset integrity and maintenance of assets in bulk oil terminals.
- Good understanding of Basic Terminal Engineering and Asset Management system.
- Understanding and familiarity of Process Safety, DEM-1, DEM-2, AMS, DEP, FLBM and ODM
- Knowledge of relevant industry codes (API, EEMUA, ASME, ANSI, NFPA, BS, ISO) and Indonesia statutory requirements
- Certification for API 653, 510 and 570 is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Non Destructive Examination
- Working knowledge of planning, scheduling and estimating in support of maintenance, turnaround or projects.
- Good knowledge of PTW and MOC systems.
- Familiarity and understanding of SAP is a plus.
- TA3 certification in a discipline engineering field is a plus.
- Possess process engineering knowledge including reviewing process engineering flow schemes, process design, flow and hydraulic calculations, safeguarding calculations
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.