Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Muscat, Muscat Governorate, Oman
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The organisation's transition from its current state to the future state will need to be planned, managed and resourced. Importantly, an integrated view is required to design and implement a high reliability, high performance organisation focusing on the interrelationships and development of organisation capabilities including structure, processes and systems, people and skills, culture and leadership. A key overall objective is to develop and maintain a Shell identity in a changed environment.
The role of the Manager Organisation Development & Learning (OD&L) Oman, partners with the VP HR Oman to provide strategic direction and leadership for the integrated capability development and change agenda in the setting up of the new organisation whilst maintaining focus on the support to the Non-Operated Venture.
- The Manager OD&L is required to take an integrated approach to diagnosing and developing organisational capabilities needed for change and for driving a coordinated set of interventions targeted at the organisational, team, leader and individual levels.
- The role oversees the competence assurance process and agenda (where required) to make sure that we can assure commercial and operations staff and demonstrate this internally and externally if required.
- The role is required to build relationships with stakeholders in Upstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies
- Partner with the VP HR, broader HR team and senior business leaders to diagnose the key organisational capabilities required to create rapid growth
- Develop multi-year capability building plans at the organisational, team, leader and individual level. Establish a regular review cycle.
- Deliver Organisation Development interventions and manage the change landscape to support the strategic and operational objectives of the business in the growth scenario.
- Work with Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Learning Excellence to set up, review and implement (where required) competence development and competence assurance activities, making competence assurance reports visible to all critical operations leaders regularly.
- Collaborate with Global Portfolios to implement formal, social and workplace learning interventions. Leverage the Learning offerings and solutions from the Global Portfolios including Academies. Track learning spend, delivery and effectiveness.
- Develop local content plans for capability building to deliver on the goals set by the Government on Omanization.
- Foster a continuous learning culture across the organization.
- Provide strong team leadership for the team and drive the development of team members in line with their Individual Development Plans
- Starting with 1 direct report, growing to additional reports in coming years.
- Membership of the Business HR Leadership Team.
- The role is heavy on the Organisational Development side with a direct report to handle the Technical Learning agenda.
- The role will partner Subject Matter Experts in the wider HR community, including Talent Advisors and the Academies for performance delivery.
Shell has been a partner in Oman's remarkable development and progress over the last several decades. In Shell, we have been providing pioneering technologies and expertise in the energy industry and creating value for the community of which we have long proudly been a part.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to translate business strategic intent and diverse inputs into a coherent organisation capability strategy for the business (at organisation, community, team, leader and individual level).
- Diagnostic ability and strategic perspective: Able to analyse complex issues from a whole systems perspective and shape strategic solutions.
- Experience in Organizational Development and Learning (e.g. LEAN, team effectiveness, organisational health diagnosis, organisational design, change management, adult learning theory & practice, enabling formal, social & workplace learning).
- Ability to deliver creative, cost effective and sustainable OD and learning solutions that are in line with global guidelines.
- Ability to connect with senior leadership and influence effectively at different organisational levels. Courage and determination to challenge current practices while maintaining effective relationships
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues from different functions and businesses.
- Ability to work in high-ambiguity work environment, lead complex change, overcome resistance & build alignment.
- Experience in managing teams and effective coaching.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video