Waggaman, Louisiana, United States
Waggaman, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer, Refinery Specialist
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Waggaman, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
~~Process Engineer- Melamine
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Individual will be part of a newly-formed Process Technology Team (PTT). The PTT is responsible for providing production/process engineering support for three chemical manufacturing units plus a utilities department. Working closely with the operation's group, actions are to be identified to reduce usage and energy consumption, improve yields, minimize waste and increase occupancy from a process engineering view while maintaining or improving safety and environmental compliance. Additionally, all work must vetted prior to implementation to ensure compliance with all environmental and Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements.
• Quickly establish working relationships with operations staff and build knowledge of operating unit chemistry and process technology
• Utilization of process automation software to simulate whole and parts of the process; models will then be used to optimize processes and develop new equipment.
• Drive to completion step-wise improvement projects initially assigned; identify new process improvement opportunities once established.
• Identify opportunities for process control improvements and applications for advanced process control applications.
• Design equipment and develop technical scope for retrofits and new equipment additions.
• Use of statistical principles and software to mine, analyze and relate key process data & variables.
• Perform EVOP and DOE studies to perform lab and plant trials.
• Identify needs for new or updated instrumentation or process analyzers.
• Formulate PFD's and Material/Energy Balances as needed.
• Develop & recommend changes to operating procedures as needed for plant trials or changes in operating conditions/targets; provide operator training and unit coverage as necessary.
• Provide project updates to the PTT, plant management and operations.
• Support the professional development of junior engineers through mentorship and coaching.
• Provide process engineering expertise in RCA, PHA, MOC and PSM activities.
• Possess high-energy leadership and ability to drive initiatives to completion.
• Successful implementation of process improvement projects and ideas.
• Must be a critical thinker and problem solver with the ability to innovate with exceptional focus on improving costs.
• Ability to effectively communicate to technical staff and front-line workers.
• Successful employment of statistical methods towards process improvements.
• Use of financial analysis to drive decision making.
• BS in Chemical Engineering or related degree.
• 10+ years of related experience in a chemical, petrochemical or petroleum production/refining facility.
• Expertise in statistical principles and tools.
• Expertise in Aspen and Hysis automation software.
• Knowledge of current chemical engineering technology.
• Training in lean concepts and six sigma principles.
• Knowledge of DeltaV DCS platform and PI historian.
• Experience with continuous operations.
• Experience with advanced process control applications and model development.
• Experience in catalysis, especially fluidized bed reactors.
• MS in Chemical Engineering.
• Experience in acrylonitrile, melamine or urea chemistries a plus.
Cornerstone Chemical Company is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability