Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $65000 per annum
Location: Spring, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Title: Electrical & Instrumentation Designer
Location: The Woodlands, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is a major player in providing pipeline, facilities, and energy infrastructure solutions, has a permanent opportunity for an Electrical & Instrumentation Designer to be based in The Woodlands, TX.
The Electrical & Instrumentation Designer will develop wiring and installation drawings for electrical equipment and instrumentation. Will support the E&I engineers and Lead designers with development of design and drawings. Collaborate with EPC Services group to create multi-discipline design packages for construction.
- Support engineering team with initial design and drawing requirements
- Develop/Draft plans, details and sections to accurately convey construction or fabrication requirements
- Analyze vendor supplied drawings and incorporate the required information into project drawings
- Apply the NEC and perform calculations related to sizing electrical circuits and equipment
- Conceptualize and draw wiring diagrams, E&I layouts, and design details independently with minor instruction from project engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in facilities creating E7I drafting/design drawings preferably in Meter Stations, Pump Stations, and Launcher/Receivers
- 5+ years of design experience using AutoCAD required
- Experience with instrumentation, hazardous location wiring practices, panel design, and PLC hardware
- Experience working with large motors, VFDs, MCCs, raceway systems, industrial lighting, and grounding
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Program
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a major player in providing pipeline, facilities, and energy infrastructure solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid vacation, matching 401K and more.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.