Skills: Rig Electrician
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To define
Location: United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
KCA Deutag are currently looking for a Senior Rig Electrician on a fixed term basis located in UAE/Kuwait.
- Safety is a major responsibility. Each individual member of the company must be aware of their responsbilities to ensure safe working in their respective area.
- Apply KCA DEUTAG safety regulations.
- Report all the potentials hazards and abnormal situations.
- Plan and implement Safety at the work site.
- Obtain necessary safety clearance for the nature/type of work to be carried out, in advance, in consultation with the HSE & QA Manager and in accordance with safety procedures (Permit To Work).
- Explain to the personnel concerned the visible and hidden hazards involved in the jobs (Job Safety Analysis/ Pre job meetings)
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the requirements of the Permit-to-work system and in compliance with Safety Procedures in force, initiates PTW as necessary within their discipline and ensures all safety precautions are carried out.
- Instruct personnel before commencing the work, as to the safety precautions and measures to be observed at work (Tool Box Talk and record their discussion on a TRIC card).
- Ensure that instructions given by him are fully comprehended by personnel while working and that any defects/faults are rectified.
- Investigate and report near misses and correct them immediately.
- Report immediately to the line management, any violation of safety regulations by the personnel, even if such violation has not resulted in an accident.
- Participate in safety meetings, safety drills, safety training and safety observation programme.
Systems and Processes
- Maintain the Permit to Work system fully in use for any associated work in their area.
- Comply with KCA DEUTAG Safety Management System.
- Carry out competence assessment in respect of departmental staff, performance evaluations and identify long term career potential etc.
- Become competent in their particular discipline and ensure their crew personnel work towards competency for their own positions to support career development.
- Utilise, as and when appropriate, the Performance Appraisal Procedure as well as the Disciplinary Procedure for detailing performance issues including; high standards of work, career development and or sub standard performance.
- Ensure that all employees under their authority have sufficient information and knowledge to carry out their job without endangering any persons, plant or equipment and are adequately trained and experienced for a particular task before they are instructed to carry it out.
- Train crew in all procedures and operations required for safe and efficient rig performance.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant Group Management systems and where applicable client procedures
Key Skills & Experience
6 years in a Senior Electrician position.
Official Diploma of electrical trade qualification.
Experience of the following:
DC drives (SCR) and AC drive (VFD) by manufactures : NOV/Ross Hill and Bentec,
Top Drive Systems : NOV TDS4S, TDS 8SA and TDS 11SA incl. ABB VFD drives
PLC Systems :Siemens and Schneider Electric
HVAC systems: Air condition - and liquid cooled systems
Computerized Preventive Maintenance Systems: SAP PM module or others
IT Software applications : MS Office Programs (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook)
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities
UAE/Kuwait, 28*28 rotation
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.