Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Under broad direction, this position manages the execution and delivery of smaller/less-complex project(s) including day-to-day contact and communication with the client.
- Is responsible for the financial and technical success of the project(s).
- Serves as the Focal Point within Halliburton; to the client and any third Parties involved in the project (s).
- Controls resources assigned to the project(s), as dictated by the terms & conditions of the contract.
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality customer service; personnel, property and environmental safety.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls domestic and international projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company.
- Resolves disputes and problems of one or more projects.
- Collaborates with Halliburton Product lines and third party service providers to develop and implement project plans and strategies.
- Recognizes and exploits the talents of personnel assigned to projects and demonstrates commitment to developing their skills, competencies and application of expertise.
- Possesses a working knowledge of specific PPS service lines and client / operator operational practices.
- The job role has budgetary accountabilities for assigned projects.
- Supervises engineering support and Tech Professionals.
- Supervises project personnel through subordinate leaders.
- Develops business management skills and may serve as a proposal manager.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering or Physical Science required.
- Completion of HES career development requirements such as Assistant Project Manager, 5 years as a Technical Professional, or 10 years in PPS operations and projects.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available for a Project Manager up to a Sr. Project Manager.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 70765
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Pipeline and Process
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.