Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Background PDO's drilling activities are unparalleled with 40 rigs drilling over 500 wells per year. To support these activities Petroleum Engineering is organised into process lines with three major units: New Oil teams deal with the execution of new wells; Development Planning teams are responsible for field development strategy setting, maintenance of reservoir models, generation of opportunities and short duration studies; Reservoir Management teams are responsible for well & reservoir management & surveillance planning and data gathering & analysis. The Assets are divided in the Northern Oil (mostly carbonates and some clastics oil reservoirs), Southern Oil (mostly clastics and some carbonate oil reservoirs) and Gas Directorate. In addition, the Field Development Center has study teams who execute major integrated reservoir modelling and field development studies involving multiple man-years of work. Purpose We are seeking an experienced Petrophysicist to provide petrophysical input to the asset team in support of Development Planning, Drilling of wells and Well and Reservoir Management.
- University Bachelor degree in Science or Engineering.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant petrophysical experience
- A passion for Petrophysics and a strong interest in the integration of petrophysical results with the other disciplines.
- Strong expertise in one of the Petrophysical areas such as for example cased-hole data evaluation is an advantage
- Well developed inter-personal and communication skills
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team
- Proven track record in coaching and developing staff.
- Multitasking and work prioritisation skills - Self motivation
Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) is the major exploration and production company in the Sultanate. It accounts for about 70% of the country's crude-oil production and nearly all of its natural-gas supply.
The Company is owned by the Government of Oman (which has a 60% interest), the Shell Group (which has a 34% interest), Total (which has a 4% interest) and Partex (which has a 2% interest). Gas fields and processing plants are operated by PDO exclusively on behalf of the Government.
Petroleum Development Oman is ranked in the Top 10 National Oil Companies in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.